[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Two problems regarding AQ6 and ESC32

Two problems regarding AQ6 and ESC32

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Two problems regarding AQ6 and ESC32

Postby jet » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:56 am

Hello, dears,
I met two problems when I constructed my AQ6 and ESC32.

My platform:
AQ6+ESC32+CP2102+3S LiPO 5200mAh+QGC(v1.3.0/1.2.1/1.05)

1.jpg
AQ6
1.jpg (210.2 KiB) Viewed 7584 times

First problem: Failing in connecting AQ6 and QGC(v1.3.0/1.2.1/1.05).
As figure shown, the ready/power/debug/gps LEDs were shining.
I connected CP2102 to FTDI port of my AQ6 and QGC(v1.3.0/1.2.1/1.05).
However, my QGC cannot recognize AQ6.

Second problem: Error in ESC32.
For my ESC32, I soldered "Vb."
I connected ESC32 to 3S LiPO battery and AQ6.
However, the error LED of ESC32 was shining.

Please help me to solve the two problems.
Thanks for help.
jet

Re: Two problems regarding AQ6 and ESC32

Postby LPR » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:14 am

Jet

The ESC32 Red LED will stay on till you give the ESC32 a PWM that is a little less then 1000 micro seconds. Try lowering the trim on the Tx throttle.

There is many reason you could have trouble connecting to the board. If the FTDI is powered by the USB you only need to connect three wire to the FTDI, the ground and the Tx and Rx serial wires.

Larry
LPR

Postby jet » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:11 am

Thanks, Larry,
Based on your suggestion, I tried the ground and the Tx and Rx serial wires between AQ6 and FTDI, since CP2102 got 5V from USB port .
However, I still failed.
Any possible solutions?
Thanks for your help.
jet

Postby jet » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:36 am

Dear Larry and others,
Thanks for help.
I had solved my first problem after I upgraded the firmware.
I will try to solve my second problem.
Thanks again.
jet

Postby LPR » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:26 pm

Jet

You can connect the ESC32s to the AQ board and the ESC32 will arm if the have the Tx/Rx setup correctly. To test the ESC32 before you connect to the AQ board you can use a RC receiver and Tx. Many Tx/Rx systems have the throttle PPM minimum at just over 1000 micro seconds. Lowering the trim for throttle will sometimes get the PWM minimum to be just under 1000 micro seconds and then you well get a green LED on the ESC32.

Larry
LPR

Return to Connections