[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Powering video downlink from AQ 5V?

Powering video downlink from AQ 5V?

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Powering video downlink from AQ 5V?

Postby hogster » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:48 am

Hi all :)

Would I be ok to power my Airwave 25mW video downlink transmitter from the AQ 5V rail (tapped off one of the PWM ports)? Their datasheet quotes the supply current as 110-140mA:

http://www.active-robots.com/radio/audi ... itter.html

(under the Downloads tab)

If not, I also have a spare 5V regulator that will allow me to run it from the flight battery.

Many thanks!

Davd
hogster

Re: Powering video downlink from AQ 5V?

Postby Kisssys » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:54 pm

David,

Their is over 1 amp available so 100 ma is not a problem. If you have servo's hooked up then you may have an issue unless they would be very small servo's used to position a FPV camera.

Cheers
Steve
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby hogster » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:31 am

That's good to know, thanks for the reply Steve!

I suppose the question is whether the pulses of transmitted power will in any way disturb the operation of the AQ / introduce noise onto the power supply rails. I guess the only way is to plug it in and find out!

Thanks again :)

David
hogster

Postby Kisssys » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:56 am

I've used 900, 1280, 2.4g and 5.8g and I have not had a problem with the AQ. I have interfered on occasion with my Spektrum receiver. I have a M4 with 200 milliwatts on 5.8ghz less than 10mm from the board. I would still perform normal range testing to confirm all is well.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby hogster » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:04 am

Hi Steve,

That's good to know, thanks for your reply! My downlink will be on one of the undercarriage legs so it'll be nice and far away from the AQ.

Cheers!

David :)
hogster

Postby plexus » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:06 am

Hi,
On my side It is better to powered with a Bec to separate all power supply, also for security.
Alain
plexus

Postby hogster » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi Alain,

Do you mean powering anything separate from the AQ with its own regulator?

Many thanks,

David
hogster

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:56 pm

joebar.rc

Postby hogster » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi Joe,

That's good to know, many thanks :)

David
hogster