[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Radio receiver choice confirmation

Radio receiver choice confirmation

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Radio receiver choice confirmation

Postby hogster » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi all :)

I just wanted to confirm that the radio setup I am planning to use will work with my AQ (which I've just ordered from Flyduino :)):

()

and connected like this diagram:

Albeit taking the power from one of the 5V PWM pins? Or does the receiver have to be powered separately, and not via the inverter board?

Lastly, what is the current limit for the PWM 5V pins on the AQ?

Many thanks for your help :)

David
hogster

Re: Radio receiver choice confirmation

Postby bluuu » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Reciver is ok (I'm using the same).
Inverter is ok (but price is too high but it's your money ;) )
You can use +5V from AQ board. (Personaly, I don't like to use other stuff to powering critical devices, one more power supply is potentialy one more point of failure but it's my opinion).
bluuu

Postby hogster » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Hi bluuu,

Many thanks for your quick reply and it's good to know that receiver works fine :)

Yes I know that price is silly for what the components are! Maybe I just build it myself (I'm quite capable) ... but it's quite a fundamental part of the system if it breaks!

This is the correct component or not?

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/bipolar-t ... s/7146715/

I assume it would be fine to build it on stripboard?

Actually building one myself would only save me about £4.50 (5x of those transistors is already £3.41), so I might just buy the mass-produced one and be done with it ;)

Cheers!

David
hogster

Postby bluuu » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:47 pm

transistor is ok

look at it :)
bluuu

Postby Max » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:32 am

The inverter circuit is dead simple, but IMHO the little JXT (ZH?) connector it a PITA if you don't happen to already have a pigtail handy. I ended up buying the housing/pins and crimping my own (using servo-plug style crimpers... sorta works). Later I picked up a few pre-made pigtails for the next inverter. :) But if you have to order a pigtail anyway, probably simpler to just buy an inverter with the right connectors already.

-Max
Max

Postby hogster » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi Max, thanks for your reply :)

That's a good point, I hadn't thought of the plugs I need at the ends. Will probably go for the Skookum one then.

Cheers!

David
hogster

Postby 13brv3 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:11 pm

13brv3

Postby Kisssys » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:52 pm

Hey Rusty,

If you buy this crimper you should have good luck.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby hogster » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:10 pm

Another case of a crimp-tool manufacturer completely abusing the fact that customers need a crimp tool in order to use their crimp pins – $466!!!

David
hogster

Postby bluuu » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:02 pm

You don't need crimp tool. If you have experience and high skill in manual work you can do it by simple small nippers but ... with clamp tool you do it faster and more pecisely.
bluuu

Next

Return to Connections