[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Connect to QGCS over TCP?

Connect to QGCS over TCP?

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Connect to QGCS over TCP?

Postby epyonxero » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:22 pm

How would you go about inputing the IP and port for the remote serial port in QGCS?
epyonxero

Re: Connect to QGCS over TCP?

Postby epyonxero » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Is this possible?
epyonxero

Postby Max » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:04 pm

Sorry, didn't see this... Eh, no, I don't think so. I'm not exactly sure what a remote serial port is though. :)

-Max
Max

Postby epyonxero » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:51 am

epyonxero

Postby Max » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:20 am

Ah, well, if you can get it to show up as a local serial port on the PC (as a virtual COM port using ser2net/whatever), then it should just work as a normal serial port with QGC. At least in theory :)

-Max
Max

Postby epyonxero » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:20 am

Well Ive been playing with it some and Ive got it partially working over my home network. AQ --> FTDI to USB cord --> Raspberry Pi USB port --> ser2net. With this I can connect to the IP of the Raspberry Pi and an open telnet port and access the serial data from the AQ. Ive been using the Android GCS since it has a TCP connection option in the settings but Im only getting partial data. I can see the attitude data on the virtual horizon just like a direct connection but I dont get GPS or altitude and I cant retrieve any parameters. Any ideas why I can see some data but not others?
epyonxero

Postby epyonxero » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:18 am

I think I got it. The issue was that I was using telnet protocol for the remote TCP port on the Pi. Changing to raw protocol seems to have fixed it and now Im getting full telemetry.
epyonxero

Return to Connections