[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Newbi just start fly

Newbi just start fly

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Newbi just start fly

Postby flyrobot » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:59 pm

Hi All,

i just finish my quad with following configuration :

- AQv2 with fw Version v6.6.1 stable (b1036)
- simonk fw F-20 ESC (put on under the motors, change cable using small coax shielded audio cable, twisted the power cable + 1K ohm resistor)
- MT3506 motors + 12x4.5 props
- Hott2mavlink using Jdrone board (using 2K2 ohm resistor on data cable to AQ)----> it works very well
- bluetooth
- PPM GR-12 receiver (using 2k2 ohm resistor on data cable to AQ)
- alexmos Gimbal controller (not using it yet)

All power cable was twisted
All props is balance

The result is :
- it cannot fly even the trottle is half
- the motors is not stable gas (like motorcross start race), its might the ESC is not syncronizing with FC ?

next action :
- I change the motors with Sunnysky X2216-11 with 10x4.5 props
the result is still the same.

is any something I missing the step ?
is it any difference setting the simonk ESC and ESC32 ? or any special firmware for simonk ESC ?

I appreciate any comment.

Thanks,

John
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-10-19 at 9.39.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-19 at 9.38.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-19 at 9.37.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-19 at 9.37.14 PM.png
flyrobot

Re: Newbi just start fly

Postby Cookiemonsta » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:29 pm

You've too high vibrations.
1) Did you balance the props only or did you balance the motor-prop combo dynamically? (Very important!)
2) How do you power everything else but the fc? I've made good experiences by powering everything else by an ext bec ;)
3) did you calibrate the esc range?

- cookie
Cookiemonsta

Postby flyrobot » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi,

1. I only balance the prop only. As i did with my quad MK, WKM, MWI, APM2.5 without any problem.
2. I power FC from battery directly to FC and to ESC (im using FCP).
3. The first time i calibrate the motor as usual (full trottle, power up, beep, lowest trotle, beep), the motors is not start in same time, i reflash again without calibration, its much better (all motor start in same time).

The problem i see the Motor speed is not constant (linear) it makes vibration.

Thanks,

John
flyrobot

Postby chschmid » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Did you calibrate the board?
Could you post a pict of your machine or even better a short vid of the flight.
I think you have a lot of vibes.
What kind of props do you use (brand)?
Guess you use 4s?
What SimonK FW?

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby flyrobot » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:31 am

Hi Christof,

- What the board do you mean ? FC yes
- i will take picture of machine and short video later
- yes its alot of vibes.
- im using gemfan
- im using 3S
- the latest BS-NFET from KKtools

Thanks,

John
flyrobot

Postby Max » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:19 am

Hi John,

Possibly one of the motors/props is bad. Run them all up individually (one at a time) to test this theory.

If they're all doing the same thing, then perhaps you have interference in the signal line or elsewhere from the proximity to the motor magnets. Not very likely, but possible.

Gemfan plastic/carbon mix? I'm not a fan of those, wasted a lot of time on them and threw most away. The full-carbon ones are OK, around 70% of them are usable from my experience.

You should calibrate each ESC to the throttle range the AQ expects. See here viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1446#p5878 If the AQ is not level (or thinks it's not level), then do not expect all motors to start at the same time (the low side(s) will start up first).

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby leopold1 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:54 am

Maybe have a look at your motor mix?
leopold1

Postby flyrobot » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Attachments
DPP_0006.JPG
DPP_0006.JPG (493.58 KiB) Viewed 14740 times