[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Another "No Connection" Problem

Another "No Connection" Problem

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Another "No Connection" Problem

Postby vman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi Autoquad users,

I'm building my first Autoquad driven Quadcopter and it seems that I stumble in the beginning. I have soldered the JP3/4 and FTDI header and powered my Board. I have a Flyduino USB-UART- CP2012. I Installed QGroundControl V1.3 RC1 on my system (Win7 64 Bit) and downloaded the AQ Compiled Firmware - Version v6.6.1 stable (b1036) for board rev. 1 & 2

I successfully flashed the Autoquad Board with rev.2 (successful in this case means that the flashing process was visible in the small log window under the "Flash Firmware" button, showing writing and verifying process with now errors. At the end a messega window asks to restart the AQ board).

I connect the cable from USB-UART Autoquad pin header to the FTDI pin header of the AQ board and made a new communication link with these settings (see screen shot for all settings):

Baud: 115200
Flow Control: Active

When I connect the log window shows "connect", but thats all.

BTW: I think I have the AQ Board rev.2, but how can I be sure? I did not find any information about that on the board itself.

Any help is welcome

Dierk
Attachments
comsettings.PNG
comsettings.PNG (40.03 KiB) Viewed 14396 times
vman

Re: Another "No Connection" Problem

Postby Jdmagoo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:11 pm

Disable flow control
Jdmagoo

Postby vman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:23 pm

I did this already with no success. I also tried different baud rates with no success. I read in another forum that a user has the same problem. He solved it by compiling QGroungControl from sources. Unfortunately I don't know how to do this.
vman

Postby Jdmagoo » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Have you got the correct drivers installed for the USB UART? And if your using the flyduino adapter make sure you have the cable connected to the AQ side.

Once the drivers are installed connect it all up including power to the board then open QGC you should see UART as an option from the drop down menu in the connection window.
Jdmagoo

Postby Max » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Max

Postby vman » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:51 am

vman

Postby vman » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:01 am

Attachments
qgc.PNG
vman

Postby LPR » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:16 pm

Dierk

On one of the AQ boards I've used I had a similar problem connecting to a PC. I finally cleaned the board with alcohol and checked that is was cleaned with magnification. Then it worked.
You could reflash the firmware also.

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:28 pm

Max

RESOLVED: Another "No Connection" Problem

Postby ABL » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:44 pm

Hi,
the same problem here. Rev. 1 board, several FTDI adapters, also cp2102.
I downloaded latest qgroundcontrol, firmware from site, connected FTDI, powered board. Flashed firmware without issues. And now:
- i see that board is working - LED's are blinking
- there are logs in SD card, they show correct FW version, so i know that firmware update trough the same FTDI cable succeeded (yes, i removed jumper)
- if i try to connect with putty to the same port - i get mavlink data - it's transferred, i can even log them
- changing to different FTDI adapters or cp2102 (rx/tx/gnd only) does not change things

All i get in QgroundControl is:
Link serial port \\.\COM5 is unconnected.
Link serial port \\.\COM5 is connected.
(COM5 is my USB-TTL adapter)
No data, nothing. If i could not connect to the same board, the same adapter with putty (and get data) - i would say that board isn't working or my connections aren't correct.
But now everything looks OK. I tried older QGC version, available in downloads - still the same problem.
I attached procmon output - tracing only qgroundcontrol process when i press "connect" (COM5, 8N1, Flow control on/off, does not matter, etc).

EDIT - RESOLVED: Not reading enough - need to disconnect DTR PIN...
Attachments
qgc.csv
(8.75 KiB) Downloaded 709 times
ABL

Return to Connections