[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Taranis, S-BUS and AQ

Taranis, S-BUS and AQ

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Taranis, S-BUS and AQ

Postby chris24g » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:09 am

Successfully got the AQ working with the new Taranis and X8R receiver :D
I used a generic sbus inverter and luckily had some kind of spektrum satellite adapter cable that was wired correctly.

The only thing that gave me some trouble was the x8r outputs the channels in a different order. I am used to the order being throttle, aileron, elevator, rudder, but the x8r was outputting aileron, elevator,throttle, rudder

Good thing that changing the channel order on the Taranis is easy!
chris24g

Re: Taranis, S-BUS and AQ

Postby Cookiemonsta » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:47 am

Nice to hear that it's working for you ;)
Do you get all 16chs?
Cookiemonsta

Postby chris24g » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:37 am

good question. i didn't think to check. i was just happy to actually fly the AQ on 1 wire again (I was using a PPM encoder, messy, but works)

what's a good way to test?
chris24g

Postby Max » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:33 am

Good to hear another report of AQ working with FrSky SBus!

To check all channels on the AQ, in QGC open up the Channels Monitor tool widget. This will show more channels than the 8 on the Radio setup screen.

BTW you can change the channel order in AQ setup as well. ;)

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby chris24g » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:51 pm

it could be an error on my part, but i seem to be onlly getting the 1st 8 channels. some of the other channels are showing values way out of range by large orders of magnitude. :shock:

not that this would affect anyone realistically speaking, until configurable pass through code is put into place...in the meantime just use 2 rxs, they're cheap enough!
chris24g

Postby Max » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:30 pm

You need QGC v1.3, sorry forgot to mention that. There was also a firmware change to accommodate the extra channels at some point a while ago (though it looks like AQ is sending the data, so that should be OK). But yea, not very useful w/out passthrough anyway. :)

-Max

chans-monitor.png
chans-monitor.png (5.37 KiB) Viewed 12251 times
Max

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:31 am

I've just set up a new autoquad board and have my X8R connected vis S.Bus through an inverter, but the radio quality is only showing as 75% when I have the radio turned on. Is this acceptable, or going to cause problems? When I turn the radio off, it drops to 0%.

The board is currently running r323.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby leopold1 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:07 am

I noticed that when the taranis is very close to the RX I got some receive connection problems and my radio quality was also lower. Once further away it went back up to 100% without problems.

One thing I was troubled about was the inversed throttle. The first I set up the taranis it was very difficult to get the right channels doing what they are supposed to do. Then I found on this forum a specific taranis AQ setup file and all was Ok, except inversed thr. Has this something to do with the sbus invertor?
leopold1

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:18 am

Done some more testing and it doesn't seem to matter if the radio is close to or far from the rx, I still get the radio quality sitting at around 75%.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby Max » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:18 am

Glenn, could you post a quick graph of radio_quality? Either from a log or live telemetry. I also get some quality drops, but it is at 100% most of the time. The fw version you're using actually has some minor SBUS fixes based specifically on testing with an X8R. It's possible you have a noisy connection? The SBUS protocol/system seems especially sensitive for some reason (in my testing, the Rx itself sets a "bad frame" bit when it's not happy, causing the whole thing to be rejected, causing a brief quality drop).

-Max
Max

Next

Return to Connections