[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Cabeling

Cabeling

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Cabeling

Postby Lindbaergh » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi,

While waiting that Jussi's talented hands, repair my AQ and bring my rig back to the air :(, I sit down and make a plan of my cabling. Maybe someone can look over it if it is ok to do like that.

thanks a lot Michael
Attachments
Cabling.jpg
Cabling.jpg (142.72 KiB) Viewed 9702 times
Last edited by Lindbaergh on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lindbaergh

Re: Cabeling

Postby bluuu » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:12 pm

you can do small optimalization

Replace 1 of UBEC and take +5V for reciver from AQ board
bluuu

Postby kinderkram » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:21 pm

Yep, you could solder the 5V jumper on M14 to power your receiver and use a 6V UBEC for the servos to gain a faster response. Less wiring, less parts.
Other than that there are no timer conflicts - so you're good to go.
kinderkram

Postby Max » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:20 am

Hi Michael. I agree with Bluuu and Norbert. But if you do go with a separate UBEC for the Rx (which is also OK), I'd recommend also hooking a ground wire directly between AQ J7/M14 and Rx.

-Max
Max

Postby Lindbaergh » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi the reason for using a ubec to power the rx was that in the beginning (in the german forum this tip is still given) of hott support, most people recommend to not power the rx directly from the aq.

Max: i didn't put an additionally ground wire from rx to aq because im afraid of building a ground loop, the ubec i use have internally connected the input and output ground pins. To assure signal quality i use a shielded cable (like chschmied do: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2327&p=13018&hilit=shield#p13018) for the signal from rx to aq and connect the shield only to the ground of the rx side.

I will do like suggested and power the rx directly via a motorport, so there is one part less that can fail.

have a nice weekend Michael
Lindbaergh

Postby teramax » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:20 pm

somehow everything can fly
teramax

Return to Connections