[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Flashing AQ with Graupner USB UART cable

Flashing AQ with Graupner USB UART cable

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Flashing AQ with Graupner USB UART cable

Postby LordPikaChu » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:53 pm

Hello everyone!

I've just got my AQ board and can't wait to calibrate it. Unfortunately I do not yet have the recommended UART cable from Flyduino. However, I found a Graupner USB UART adapter cable (used for flashing Graupner receiver). It's based on SiLabs CP2102 and I'm sure it has 3.3V signal. I cannot yet post pictures, but if you Google 'graupner 7168.6' you'll find that adapter in Graupner's website.

What I do not know is which cable is which. Does anyone know the correct pinout for this cable? If not, what can happen if I mess the connections? Is it possible to fry the board by connecting, let's say, 5V to Rx or something like that?

Thanks in advance!
LordPikaChu

Re: Flashing AQ with Graupner USB UART cable

Postby chschmid » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi LordP

Welcome to the AQ project. I do not know the Graupner cable, but I would wait for the FTDI.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby r0sewhite » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:40 am

The Graupner adapter would work fine but I couldn't find a pinout.

What you can do is finding out the VCC (+3.3 or +5V, with a multimeter against the metal part of the USB connector) and leave this pin away since you don't need it. It's the only "dangerous" pin. The remaining pins will be GND, TX, RX and probably DTR.

Most likely black is GND and green and white are TX and RX.
r0sewhite

Postby bluuu » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:07 am

There is 4 pins, GND, RX, TX and VCC. You need 3: GND (black), RX & TX (yellow and green)
bluuu

Postby LordPikaChu » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:28 am

Hello guys,

thanks for your suggestions. I figured I will wait for the dedicated cable from Flyduino since I wanted to order the GPS shield with nice AQ logo too. :) The dedicated cable will probably be more handy to use, and before I get some proper telemetry link I'll probably use the cable a lot!

BTW Nice to see that I'm not the only one staying late at night. :)
LordPikaChu

Return to Connections