[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Radio Quality Issue

Radio Quality Issue

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: Radio Quality Issue

Postby Lindbaergh » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:12 am

Hi Max, yes it happens two times since sunday after i changed from 6.6.1 to r195. I spot checked the logs of the last 2 month, and as far as i can see i have small spikes where the signal is going down to 60 for less then a second in some rare cases. I do some althold PID tuning yesterday, so i fly not high and not far away from me. I make five flights and on two of them i found this 'drop', i append those logs so one can inspect them. Except the fw i changed nothing on my setup. i also inpected the hott logfiles, they dont show any drops or other stuff.

Michael

AQ logs: http://www.flugbaerchen.de/lnkimg/aq6/A ... 4-sumo.zip

Hott logs: http://www.flugbaerchen.de/lnkimg/aq6/L ... 130715.zip Hott software is needed to view these.
Lindbaergh

Postby Max » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Anyone who can recreate this issue and compile their own FW, could you please try something?

Build the latest SVN version, but with -finline_functions removed from the build config. In CrossStudio, expand Project aqv6.6, expand Project Properties, dbl-click the first line "Additional C Compiler Only Options", and remove -finline_functions from the list. If using the Makefile instead of CS, remove that switch from CC_OPTS at line 148.

Then rebuild a release version, and see if you can recreate the radio quality problem.

Thanks,
-Max

CS-C-compiler-common-opts.png
Double click on the highlighted blue line in the Project Explorer sidebar, then delete the yellow highlighted option, and hit OK.
CS-C-compiler-common-opts.png (72.61 KiB) Viewed 7897 times
Max

Postby Max » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Max

Postby chschmid » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi Max

This does the trick. I made three flights this morning with r198 and the

#pragma GCC optimize ("-fno-inline")
static ....

and the radio quality stays @100%.
Thanks for the quick finding.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Max » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Thanks Christof, that helped seal it. Also everyone else for your reports and testing!

Change has been pushed and I posted new fw builds at http://code.google.com/p/autoquad/downloads/list

-Max
Max

Previous

Return to Connections