[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - SUMD channel bug - I think...

SUMD channel bug - I think...

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

SUMD channel bug - I think...

Postby Jdmagoo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Not sure which area of the forum to put this as I don't know if its a firmware issue or GCS issue.

Anyway using GSC 1.3 beta 2 and having my radio selected to PPM I was able to use GCS to swap the pitch and throttle channels so throttle was using the left stick on my radio. Now this worked well but I have since changed to firmware r195 and changed the radio type to SUMD (graupner). When I change the radio channels as above I cannot adjust the throttle channel to 0, 700, 1400 and the pitch channel is stuck at 0, 700 and 1400. Changing the channels back fixed the issue.

Also another issue, I noticed in GCS that radio quality is sometimes at 13% and a reboot of the AQ brings it back to 100%. Is this another bug in the SUMD?

Any help would be much appreciated

James
Jdmagoo

Re: SUMD channel bug - I think...

Postby Jdmagoo » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:22 am

Ive change the radio to mode 2 which has given what im after (throttle on left side) however the above bug remains. Not a biggy since its overcome by changing the radio settings.

Interestingly the radio quality issue still remains. Ive noticed that when i first turn everything on, the reported quality in GCS is 100%, however without moving or doing anything the quality will drop to 13% or below. The reported signal on the radio is 100%. Is this been reported wrong via the firmware is it safe to fly like this?
Jdmagoo

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:01 am

You already did swap the radio mode which I would have suggested because that is the way it should be done. AQ is fixed for channel 0 for throttle and does have a different divider for that channels than the others.

Regarding the quality, we check for incoming characters, if anything is missed that is deducted from the 100%. In your case the radio-receiver link seems to be ok, but still it is reporting missing characters.
I have never seen anything drop below 96-97 even when flying 1500m away I suggest you have a look at the cable from (sumd) ppm port to AQ, keep it as short as possible and avoid crossing other cables especially esc / power.

Menno
joebar.rc

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:06 am

Ok, I have the cable probably 3-4cm longer than I need to so will shorten this. The other thing I did was made the + wire a little longer than the others as it gets it power from the 5v line in from the AQ number 14 esc connector.

Is it possible to run the + and ground of the receiver to a 5v Bec and just having the data wire to the sbus connector? That way the data wire is separated from the 5v line.

Cheers

James
Jdmagoo

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:33 am

joebar.rc

Return to Connections