[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Aq not working with satellite after reboot

Aq not working with satellite after reboot

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Aq not working with satellite after reboot

Postby OnceAFly » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:35 pm

I am having problem getting aq to communicate with the spektrum satellite. I have replace the sat with orange sat also no improvement and even flash difference firmware to test it but none work. Here's what i have done so far to test it...
1. Bind rx with sat.
2. plug in sat to aq
3. link aq to ground control software by FTDI pin through rx,tx, gnd ( pc: com8)
4. select firmware 6.6.1
5. jumper J4 and power up aq with red led solid
6. flash aq with the selected firmware and with until 100% and it show done.
7. press reset button on aq turn on transmitter
8. set 10 bit on radio and set mixer & output to hex x and press transmit to aq for both setting
9. now i can arm it and throttle up slowly to highest point but motor not spining and GC on pc shows the radio channels bar moving as i move. i'm sure esc and motors working fine as i did setup them for throttle range.
10. turn off both rx and tx and turn on again and now the radio not showing any signal quality and nothing works.

What is the problem and what i have done wrong? because the radio signal only work after firmware flashed but motor not responding and without turn off the aq controller and If i recycle the power, nothing else work.
Can anyone help me on this thanks.
Last edited by OnceAFly on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
OnceAFly

Re: Aq not working with satellite after reboot

Postby LPR » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Once

It kind of sounds like you need to use 11 bit for your rx. You have to reboot to get your change to 10 bit to be used by the AQ.

I need more information to know why your not able to get motors to start but I think you have to reboot to get the motor mix to work also.

Larry
LPR

Postby OnceAFly » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi Larry,
Thanks for reply and i'm not able to get it work under 11bit at all but with 10bit it works before i reboot th aq....since after reboot aq, the sat will lid up even without tx turning on...so im thinking there is something wrong on aq. so now i am running out of ideas any advice are welcome thanks!
OnceAFly

Postby Kisssys » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:17 pm

I believe it defaults to 11 bit, so if the 10 bit value was not saved it would reboot back to 10 bit. Go to the Onboard Parameters window and change it to 10 bit there and then save and refresh to see if it took the value. Now reboot and see if it stayed.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby LPR » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:20 pm

LPR

Postby OnceAFly » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:25 am

It's not the 10bit problem and it did save in aq as after reboot aq, it shows on 10bit even after restart GC software and with connection. I am having problem linking the radio to aq and only work once reboot using reset button after flashing.
Maybe you had me wrong, I flashed the aq and its not working properly when under 11bit and i save it to 10bit then i reset the controller by reset button and seems all correctly moving on the channels, If I recycle the power again and its not responding again.
If its on 11bit, the channels bar all moving randomly without me touching the tx. So I am sure it's not 11bit to set on.
OnceAFly

Postby chschmid » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:08 am

Hi Once

The 10 or 11 bit binding depends on the RX used.
You can bind DSM2 with a < 8000 RX for up to 7 channels (10bit) or with >=8000 RX for more channels (11bit).
Then you set the right mode in QGC, transmit it to the FC and write it to ROM. After reboot of the FC, you should be able to establish the Radio connection.

I usually write a small .params file

e.g:
//Hexa Params
//66/33 mix
#define NAV_SPEED_P 5 //Standard 7 m/s
#define NAV_ALT_POS_P 0.2 // Standard 0.20000000298
#define NAV_ALT_SPED_P 200 // Standard 200
#define NAV_ATL_SPED_I 2.85 // Standard 2.85
#define NAV_ALT_SPED_PM 150 // Standard 150
#define NAV_ATL_SPED_IM 600 // Standard 600
#define NAV_ATL_SPED_OM 600 // Standard 600

#define CTRL_TLT_ANG_P 50 //STD 60
#define CTRL_TLT_ANG_I 0.0005 //Std 0.0005

#define CTRL_TLT_RTE_D 6500 //STD 7180
#define CTRL_TLT_RTE_F 0.25 //STD 0.25

#define CTRL_YAW_RTE_P 300 //STD 300
#define CTRL_YAW_RTE_I 0.15 //STD 0.15
#define CTRL_YAW_RTE_F 0.25 //STD 0.25

#define CTRL_FACT_THRO 0.52
#define CTRL_DBAND_THRO 80
#define CTRL_DEAD_BAND 40
#define RADIO_TYPE 0 //11Bit

ect...

This can be loaded fo the onboard param section where you load your cal file. Then transmit and save to ROM.
Hope that works for you as well.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby LPR » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:05 pm

Once

I'm not sure that the reset button does the same as a reboot.

If your first post is correct and you did not reboot before you had the Rx working with the AQ when I think you need to use 11 bit for your spektrum Rx.

Changing to 10 bit may have no effect till you do a reboot.

Which Spektrum Tx and Rx are you using?

Larry
LPR

Postby OnceAFly » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:29 pm

Today is a busy day for me so I will try again tomorrow thanks for the info once i have teest with result will post it here. :)

Im using Devo 8S with deviation firnware on it and spektrum AR6200 rx with sat for binding only. I have try using spektrun dx8 but same outcome.
OnceAFly

Postby OnceAFly » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:43 am

Ok I just tested it again fail to connect, like always the sat fail to connect to aq after flashed and recycle power the 2nd time. First recycle power work after flashed but motor not responding after armed and 2nd power recycle 0 signal qaulity and i have tested with AR8000 & satelite set which is dmsx under 11bit.

Anyone can help me on this? Now i'm sure is the aq faulty because my friend have the same setup frame, motor, esc, aq controller and i tested with his radio set end up same result but his hex working fine. :oops:
OnceAFly

Next

Return to Connections