Aq not working with satellite after reboot

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: Aq not working with satellite after reboot

Postby Kisssys » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:57 pm

From you postings I'm not sure if you are always having satellite issues after rebooting or just communication issues with QGC.

After you reboot you are saying you don't get a solid light on the satellite?

If you turn off your Transmitter off does the light go out?

If you don't get a solid light on the satellite and it doesn't respond to the transmitter going on and off you either don't have 3.3 volts or maybe the AQ is pulling the signal line low.

When this occurs read the voltage on the signal and power lines of the satellite and see what you get.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby OnceAFly » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:15 pm

Hi Steve,
When I turn off the radio, the satellite led remains on and I have tested many times now once having 2nd reboot after flashed firmware, the satellite turn on even with my radio stay off when powering aq. But a there are also few times geting manage to connect with signal quality full and after a few more try, it goes back to square one and I have to flash the firmware to get the signal back...
OnceAFly

Postby Kisssys » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:08 pm

I believe you have tried several satellites so lets assume the AQ is causing this issue. To prove the signal line is somehow effecting the satellite, you could take a pin and remove the signal wire from the zh connector. This would provide only 3.3 volts to the satellite and if it doesn't act correctly we have narrowed it down to bad 3.3 volts assuming the satellite is good. Read the voltage on the ground pin to be sure it is really ground.

The center pin is ground. The pin to the outside of the board is 3.3 volts. The pin on the inside of the board is signal, with no Transmitter signal it should be pulled up close to 3.3 volts. When you turn on the Transmitter the average DC voltage is pulled slightly lower by the pulse transitions received from the satellite. Mine goes down to about 3.0 volts but your results may very slightly.

This has happened one other time in the past and it would be very helpful to see if we can narrow down what's causing the funny satellite operation.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby OnceAFly » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:57 am

Hi Steve,
Really thank you for spending time for the advice and I really am greatfull for all of your input but I have email flyduino and they request me to send it back with the rx to check if anthing wrong and I did what they told. So now all I can do is wait at the moment. :D

Cheers to all the forum user here great forum and helpful people :D
OnceAFly

Previous

Return to Connections