[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Trouble using telemetry with new v2 AQ board.

Trouble using telemetry with new v2 AQ board.

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Trouble using telemetry with new v2 AQ board.

Postby epyonxero » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Ive been using a v1 AQ board with both bluetooth and 3DR radios for a while with no problems. I recently got a second v2 AQ board and have not been able to get either radio to work with the new board. All baud rates match and the 3DR radios are showing a good connection to each other, same with the bluetooth and Android GCS. When trying to connect in QGCS over the air I get no response.

This is the same thing that happens when I use a Sparkfun FTDI basic breakout board, it doesnt work at all. The only connection that seems to work is the TTL to USB cable Image

Any ideas?
epyonxero

Re: Trouble using telemetry with new v2 AQ board.

Postby LPR » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Do you know you're using the right ports?

Larry
LPR

Postby skew » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:32 pm

Did you check the Downlink Baud setting in the special settings tab in QGC? I have everything set for 115,200 and works
on FTDI and 3dr radio with no issues on rev 2 board.
skew

Postby epyonxero » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:11 am

Yeah, all the baud rates match. I tried both 57 baud and 115 with no response. What could be the difference between the two hw/sw versions that would affect the serial connection and why would the serial cable above be the only one that works?
epyonxero

Postby JussiH » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:13 am

Do you disable HW flow when connecting wireless telemetry? (there is a tick box in the connection window for that)
JussiH

Postby epyonxero » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:05 pm

epyonxero

Postby epyonxero » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:40 pm

epyonxero

Postby epyonxero » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:12 pm

Has anyone seen this before or have an idea of what I could do?
epyonxero

Postby Max » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:34 pm

I haven't seen exactly this, but one of my boards had trouble receiving any serial data once in a while. I'd try a bunch of stuff and it would just suddenly work again. I re-soldered the serial header once, carefully inspecting it, but it didn't help. But the problem still turned out to be a bad solder on the serial header ground pin (took a 20x mag to see the tiny gap between solder blob and pad). I think it would intermittently disconnect entirely. This was also causing continuous noise on the radio PPM input stream (even when serial was working fine).

Sounds to me like a bad connection somewhere. Can you examine the MCU pins under strong magnification? I guess you could even figure out the right pins to look at to concentrate on them. And check all your solder joints again maybe. :?:

-Max
Max

Postby LPR » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:32 pm

I had a serial connection problem once. The fix was a careful cleaning of the board with a brush and alcohol using a 20x
stereo microscope.

Larry
LPR

Next

Return to Connections