FRSKY Failsafe

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

FRSKY Failsafe

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu May 23, 2013 7:27 am

I'm running a D8R-II+ receiver in PPM mode and have failsafe disabled on it, but it seems that when the TX is switched off, the RX continues to send the last values it received, and as a result the radio quality never drops from 100, so I'm assuming this won't trigger failsafe?

Who else is running this RX/TX? Does the radio quality drop to 0 when the TX is turned off, and does it need to for failsafe to be triggered?

Cheers
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Re: FRSKY Failsafe

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu May 23, 2013 7:31 am

Looks like my google-fu was weak.

It looks like if you press the button on the RX when the TX is powered off it will output 0 pwm when the TX is switched off. Will have to test.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby Max » Thu May 23, 2013 11:27 am

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoquad- ... x-failsafe

Don't forget to update the Rx firmware for 27ms PPM.

-Max
Max

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu May 23, 2013 11:33 pm

Yep the radio quality looks to be dropping to 0 now when the TX is turned off. I'm running the 27ms firmware.

To work around the problem of not having enough channels for my video switch, I just ended up putting a secondary 433mhz openLRS rx on, which is only connected to the camera switch, and use a second TX to switch between cameras. I don't trust my coding skills enough to try and modify the code to use the 6 position switch to combine the home and mode functions.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Return to Connections