[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Test on motor RC-Timer 5010-14 360KV

Test on motor RC-Timer 5010-14 360KV

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Test on motor RC-Timer 5010-14 360KV

Postby afernan » Tue May 21, 2013 9:01 am

This motor is (was) one of my favourites and many other folks since long time ago: it´s cheap, works fine with a very low kv (360kv) so can be used with large propellers to improve effitiency.

But...

I´ve found a small constraint or issue when used at it´s high rpm: the max rpm is limited to 3000 in this motor for some reason. It´s shown in the test table done by RC-Timer (see linked page). I´ve tested also at home and I can reach not more than 3300 rpm (even at low pwm values) so I can confirm that.

In fact, with a 3S battery and carbon prop 15x5.5 it coresponds to a PWM = 1950 that is quite equilibrated for normal use. But using a 4S battery the limit is at PWM = 1650. From that point the rpm won´t increase anymore.

The problem is that not all motors has exatly same rpm limit value, but differs a bit. So when doing a strong vertical lift, full throttle you see the copter yaws and tilts in a constant way. (This was the origing of my investigations).

In summary this is a nice motor to be used at low rpm´s (hover at rpm = 2200 about) , that means:
- large propellers: in my case of a quad 1.2 Kg I need to use 16x6.5 carbon
- and low load per motor, lets say <400g/motor: good for hexa, octo, etc. Not so good for a quad.
- Max Pull for this motor is: 3000 rpm, prop 16x6.5 : static T = 800 gr

btw, should be possible to power the FC by using a 6S battery 22.2v for the ESC´s, and a tension divider to get the right voltage for the FC?
For instance with R1=2.7 KOhm, R1=5.4 KOhm we get Vout = 14.8v (like a 4S) for the FC

Angel
afernan

Re: Test on motor RC-Timer 5010-14 360KV

Postby Kisssys » Tue May 21, 2013 2:11 pm

I'm not sure what rpm you should get on 3S but on 4S all my 5010's get 4100 to 4200 rpm
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Re: Test on motor RC-Timer 5010-14 360KV

Postby bn999 » Tue May 21, 2013 3:14 pm

I too max out around 4200 RPM.
bn999

Return to Connections