[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 wiring suggestion to stop sudden disarm

ESC32 wiring suggestion to stop sudden disarm

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

ESC32 wiring suggestion to stop sudden disarm

Postby chschmid » Sat May 11, 2013 9:57 am

Many posts talk about sudden motor stops or ESC32 disarm during operation.
There are many reasons for that.

One reason I found is electro magnetic induction when the ESC32 is placed out at the motors. Drilling powerwires and signalwires can reduce the induction only up to a certain degree. In my construction I giude the powerwires drilled, the signalwires drilled, parallel in CF tubes for ca 30cm. When I changed to 4s and 20amp motors, I had sudden disarms @ 1600PW. The ESC32 RPM test went flawlewss, because the signalwire is not used. I also detected disarms thru FDTI though.

Conclusion
I highly suggest to run the motors one by one with a common RX and test the full PWM range defined in the ESC32 calibration before flying.

If disarms, sudden uncommanded RPM changes, full trottle without TX Input ect. are noticed, use shielded signalwires and connect the shield to ground(-). That did the trick for me.

Cheers
Christof

Kabel2x014_rund.jpg
Kabel2x014_rund.jpg (10.1 KiB) Viewed 7890 times
chschmid

Re: ESC32 wiring suggestion to stop sudden disarm

Postby Lindbaergh » Mon May 27, 2013 9:14 pm

When i read your posts about randomly disarming esc32 i thought, this is 100% what happens to me.
i tried a lot of things including exchanging the motors without success. then inspired from your idea of interference i changed the placement of my esc32. before i made them stay close to each other, and all the wires mixed up. so i make a layout where the esc are in a circle shape, and use the shielded cable you suggest for the pwm cables. i also separated the pwm lines from the other cables.
i have done a lot of tests and til now the all look very positive. i flew around 4 battery packs without problems. so it seems that i have overcame the problems with your help, i thank for that. i will report if the system stays that stable in the feature.

Michael
Lindbaergh

Postby chschmid » Mon May 27, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi Michael

Good to hear that your system works well now.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby JussiH » Mon May 27, 2013 10:25 pm

Twisting power wires is another and simpler way to acheive the same thing. I do that on all my builds and I never had any problems like the ones described here - even with power and signal wires routed very close to each other to ESC´s placed in motormounts.

Twisting power wires will also decrease magnetic inductance that can screw with the compass.
JussiH

Return to Connections