[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Which mix right for QuadX ?

Which mix right for QuadX ?

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Which mix right for QuadX ?

Postby Andrej » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:49 pm

In documentation present this table:

PWM Channel Throttle Pitch Roll Yaw
1 0 0 0 0
2 100 50 50 -100
3 0 0 0 0
4 0 0 0 0
5 100 -50 50 100
6 0 0 0 0
7 0 0 0 0
8 0 0 0 0
9 100 50 -50 100
10 0 0 0 0
11 0 0 0 0
12 0 0 0 0
13 100 -50 -50 -100
14 0 0 0 0

But in new version of GCS the QuadX table is different:

PWM Channel Throttle Pitch Roll Yaw
1 100 100 100 -100
2 100 100 -100 100
3 100 -100 -100 -100
4 100 -100 100 100
5 0 0 0 0
6 0 0 0 0
7 0 0 0 0
8 0 0 0 0
9 0 0 0 0
10 0 0 0 0
11 0 0 0 0
12 0 0 0 0
13 0 0 0 0
14 0 0 0 0

Which one is right for QuadX?
And where to find the information which motor corresponding wich pin?

I found that either make quad crazy.
Andrej

Re: Which mix right for QuadX ?

Postby chschmid » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:34 pm

Maybe it would be good to go thru the wiki before flying.
Follow the quad X sample. Connect your motors to the right ports and make sure you have the right direction for the motors.

Edit

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby Andrej » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:47 pm

Sure Christof, I made exactly by this doc and sure I read the wiki, but with new version of GCS come lot of mixtables files and there is also quadx and this table is totaly different. You can compare first table I post with wiki it is this table. The second table are from new version of GCS.
Andrej

Postby chschmid » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:59 pm

Both tables are ok. Just the ports are different and the poweroutput is different.
The important thing is that you have your quadrants right with the signs. Look at the drawing in the wiki. You can determin yourself, order and ports of motors as long as you have the direction and the signs right.
chschmid

Postby Andrej » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:14 am

it mean the problem in other place.
Andrej

Postby LPR » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:50 am

I use the first motor mix with 50 for pitch and roll and it works well for me.
I tried 100 for pitch and roll and I had to reduce Tilt Angle P to 30 in order to stop oscillations and then I still had poor yaw control compared to using the first mix.
Using 50 for pitch and roll my quad flys well with default PID settings except Tilt Rate D had to be lower to around 5000.
I tried my quad in the "+" mode and the 100 and 0 for pitch and roll mix worked well with default PID settings also.

Larry
LPR

Return to Connections