[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Cant connect Spektrum satellite and motors not engaging

Cant connect Spektrum satellite and motors not engaging

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: Cant connect Spektrum satellite and motors not engaging

Postby Panama TJ » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:02 pm

Panama TJ

Postby Kisssys » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:51 pm

The AEL ELV and RUD channels are reversed if you have a 9503, should be arming to the right.

The spektrum module light should not come on with the TX off so something is wrong. Use a normal extension on the satelite and keep it away from the motor wires and see if that helps.

You were arming so I'd guess the calibration of the low end of you esc's was set too low. If the AQ doesn't go below that point they won't arm.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby JussiH » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:23 am

Got your PM, and I dont think this is a board failure, so I need you to make a few tests before sending it back for RMA.

Have you tried another sat to rule out sat failure?

Are you binding with a DSMX RX? Im not sure if DSMX is supported - bind sat in DSM2 mode if possible.

After the first powerup, do all channels work in the GUI?

The behavior with the sat that stays on when TX is off points to failure of the Sat.
JussiH

Postby LPR » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Mark

If your ESC and motor are beeping when you power the AQ board then your ESCs are not going to work.

After you flash the AQ the first thing you do is to reset the board.

Then you can load the parameter file, set the type of RC receiver and load motor mix.

Then reset the AQ..

Now when you power the AQ board and the ESCs you should hear no beeping and the radio values should change with your Tx.

Larry
LPR

Postby Kosmonaut » Tue May 14, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi,

great resource for the AQ System here, thanks you all! I'am short before maiden - AQ is in the fridge ;)...

1.) Is it prooven that Spektrum satellites can only used in DSM2 Mode. As DSMX is much safer i like to use, else i change to Scherrer long range (PPM) but for testing Spektrum DSMX would be nice.
So is there a reliable Information about that (should be added in the Wiki).

2.) Spektrum DX6i Users - you can use the flaps-menue to use the flaps-switch to use it as Aux2. I can arm the System.
Are there any DX6i Users who can control all AQ modes with the DX6i?

Best
Michael
Kosmonaut

Postby LPR » Tue May 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Michael

If you search DX6i using the search window in the top right hand corner of the this page you will find a lot of info.

Larry
LPR

Postby Kosmonaut » Tue May 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Larry,

i did it (before) and cant find any reliable inforamtion on DSMX - some say yes (11bit) and some say no (switch to DSM2). I did not get it work in DSMX Mode, DSM2 works. Anyone running DSMX (with one satellite)?

Best!
Michael
Kosmonaut

Postby chschmid » Tue May 14, 2013 7:33 pm

DSMX is not supported.
You can bind DSM2 with a < 8000 RX for up to 7 channels (10bit) or with >=8000 RX for more channels (11bit).
chschmid

Postby Kosmonaut » Tue May 14, 2013 7:48 pm

@chschmid - thanks a lot, that´s what i wanted to know. i try to add it to the radio connection doc.

Best!
Michael
Kosmonaut

Postby kinderkram » Tue May 14, 2013 8:59 pm

Will add the info to the Wiki.
By supporting the DSM2 protocol we can cover a wide range of DSM2/DSMX compatible radios.
Each DSMX radio is downwards compatible.

The radio section will need an upgrade anyway bc of SUMD and changes in the GUI...
kinderkram

PreviousNext

Return to Connections