[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - MicroSD card socket problem (video)

MicroSD card socket problem (video)

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

MicroSD card socket problem (video)

Postby Andrej » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:03 pm

Socket for microSD on my board not fix card on place, seems like there is no fixator at all, only spring and there is no way to fix it because this spring.

Someone have problem like this and any solutions?

Andrej

Re: MicroSD card socket problem (video)

Postby JussiH » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:39 pm

Has it been like this always?

It may be because the spring holder is not locking the card into place, because your card is very thin. In that case, the solution is to add some tape to the text side of the card to make it thicker. Can you try this, perhaps also make a measurement of the card thickness? An Ideal card is about 0.8 mm thick at least, but I have seen cards down to 0.65 mm and they do not lock into place properly.

I have been in contact with Paul from Flyduino, and if you send the board to me, I will replace the uSD socket. But please try the other thing first.
JussiH

Postby Andrej » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:25 am

Yes it was from begin, i just received aq controller few hours before.
something wrong with locking mechanism, have used lot of cards and all the same.

This is too complicated for me to desolder this socket, so thanks Jussi.
At this moment card fixed with soft plastic loop and I am started static calibration.
If it possible to fly without card?
Andrej

Postby JussiH » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:49 am

Yes, you can fly without card, but its not recommended since the log is a powerful troubleshooting and tuning tool.

If you want the socket replaced, you will need to send the board to me, and I will replace the uSD slot. But you will likely have to recalibrate the board afterwards.
JussiH

Postby Andrej » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:55 pm

It will take a month :?

famous dlh spend exactly two weeks from Germany to Latvia, mean speed 3kmh, this is pedestrian mail. But anyway give me please address and rma.
Andrej

Postby Arne » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:38 pm

I had the same problem in the beginning with my AQ. It looks like the SD lock is not released properly sometimes. I had to released the lock manually with a needle. It's somewhere on the left side inside the SD card holder. There is also a tiny spring. It's fine since then.
Arne

Postby Andrej » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:34 pm

My attempts to do something with flat plastic rod were not successefull, seems there is absent lock, only clean spring in some case.
If it would be possible to remove this spring it perhaps will work nice like static port, just without automatic click, but I cant to get access there.
Andrej

Postby Trnquill » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:43 pm

I have the same issue with a new AQ board ordered from Viacopter just weeks ago. No lock, just the spring. I can actually see a tiny silver wire sticking out of the slot on the left side. I guess that should be in the inside and do the locking... Oh well, this AQ board is useless.
Trnquill

Postby JussiH » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:06 pm

Sry to hear that. Sometimes these slots fail, but we replace them under warranty. Send me an email, and we will get it sorted.
JussiH

Postby Trnquill » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:01 am

Thanks, but I think I'll try to get it fixed here locally first. Sending boards back and forth and being without a board for some weeks does not sound the best option for now.
Trnquill

Next

Return to Connections