[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Spektrum Satellite and TR1000 (telemetry unit)

Spektrum Satellite and TR1000 (telemetry unit)

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Spektrum Satellite and TR1000 (telemetry unit)

Postby axelnied » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:14 pm

I am using my AQ with the Spektrum Satellite attached to it, and it works great...
Since I would like to monitor the voltage of the battery pack, I thought I could use the TR1000 unit that came with the DX8.

How do I have to lay out the connections, so that the satellite is used by the AQ, and I can still use the TR1000 for telemetry data?
axelnied

Re: Spektrum Satellite and TR1000 (telemetry unit)

Postby Lutz » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:36 am

TM1000 (and TM1100 too) use a serial (DATA) connection to the main air receiver, so the dx8 detects telemetry within the binding process.
the story behind a satellite in standalone mode is in other words the usage of a "half" system - the sattelite knows his transmitter from binding, and is happy to send out data to the "real" air receiver - from his point of view.

but - nice idea, to use a tm1000 in the same kind of art...
have to test this.
Lutz

Postby Kisssys » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:25 pm

I installed a TM1000 to a MK and sent battery voltagem, motor temp and rpm to the DX8. It only had a satelite that was bound to the same receiver as the TM1000.
Attachments
TM1000_powerS.jpg
TM1000_powerS.jpg (292.87 KiB) Viewed 16801 times
TM1000_tempS.jpg
TM1000_tempS.jpg (288.09 KiB) Viewed 16801 times
TM1000_1s.jpg
TM1000_1s.jpg (179.38 KiB) Viewed 16801 times
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Re: Spektrum Satellite and TM1000 (telemetry unit)

Postby axelnied » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:24 pm

axelnied

Postby Kisssys » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:41 pm

Bind both your satelite and TM1000 to the same receiver. Take the satelite and plug it into MK as you normally would. Now you need power for the TM1000 that normally comes from the receiver. You see the connection to the MK has the signal line removed, it just their to get 5 volts to power the TM1000, you could do the same on the AQ.

I have three inputs to the TM1000 sensor inputs. One reads the flight pack voltage, another with a rpm sensor reads the rpm of one of the motors and the temp sensor is hot glued to the top of the fets of one of the ESC's fet's.

I don't think my buddy ever looks at rpm but the temperature showed the need for holes in the canopy, and the TX vibrating for low voltage has saved him a couple of times.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby axelnied » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:19 am

Steve,

Thanks, I think by now I got it... Can I power the TM1000 with one of the AQ outputs (minus the signal wire)?
axelnied

Postby Kisssys » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi folks,

be carefull when using TM1000 in 'Standalone' applications (means without having it connected to a real Spektrum RX).

The TM1000 transmitts its data a few ms after the RX receives a package, simply because of it's huge transmitt power (~100mW). You may not want to interfere with your TX here!

I spend quite some time with probing the I2C sensor bus and figuring out what's going on the RX-TM1000 connection. I'm not quite shure if I have all one needs to know for using the TM1000 in standalone mode.

aBUGSworstnightmare
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Kisssys » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Hey Bugs,

I set up a guys MK doing just that and it's still working with no problems but that's not to say it's interfering with the Satelite at times.

I don't think I'll do it again until I know more about it. Maybe when it binds it puts it's frequency far enough away to not cause an issue, I would think it might not and count on the sync you mentioned.

Cheers
Steve
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi Steve,

a standalone TM1000 works for shure! That was my first result too, but it's not bullet-proof!

I meet with 'a little bird' that twittered me to be carefull since 'it' encountered problems by doing this and spend quite some time to ensure a reliable communication for 'it's commercial product'.

Rgds
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare
aBUGSworstnightmare

Return to Connections