[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Advice on AQ power and Spekrum RC link

Advice on AQ power and Spekrum RC link

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Advice on AQ power and Spekrum RC link

Postby graham_newton » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:54 am

Hi

I am looking at running a 6cell lipo machine. Can I power the AQ v2 with 6 cell or must I get a voltage regulator for say 12 volts?

On the RC side I am using a spektrum dx8. I know it is not the strongest 2,4 ghz system and I am worried about using only 1 satellite RX. Is a Diversity board with another Rx nessesary? If so, Where is best to get one from?

Thanks

Graham
graham_newton

Re: Advice on AQ power and Spekrum RC link

Postby Kisssys » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:08 pm

Hello Grahm,

The Maximum input voltage to the AQ is 18 vdc.

If you dropped the voltage below 18 vdc you would lose the voltage adjustment properties of the controller to changing power output and the low voltage sensing abilities. A six cell battery at 3.1 would still be above max input.

V1 and V2 boards have the same max voltage limitations.

You could change the Recoms to ones that handle up to 32vdc but they have a reduced current output of 1amp. That should only present a problem on the one that provides power to servo's and esc's if trying to run a gimbal. This should normally be run by a BEC anyway.

If you are in the US I would think you are fine with a DX8 on one satelite as the US transmitters have more power output. If I fly a ship on long missions I do use a MK diversity board. I power it from the AQ 5 vdc and let the regulator on the board power multiple satelites. I sometimes use a good Spektrum satelite and throw on a cheap HK clone as the backup.

I've built my own copies of the diversity board but you can buy them here.
http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index.php ... cts_id=718
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby graham_newton » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:16 am

Thanks

I like the change recoms idea. Would you perhaps have a part number?

Not in the US, South Africa. I will get a diversity board from that link, thanks

Cheers
graham_newton

Postby Kisssys » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Recom PN R-78B5.0-1.0L

The board is fragile, if you are a old hand at rework ignore me but I would recommend cutting the leads at the base of the recom, then heat each lead as you remove it from the board. Then you can solder wick the holes clean and put in the new ones making sure you tack them down with some glue so they won't vibrate and come loose.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby graham_newton » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:53 pm

thanks! I think I can manage that :)

I will let you know how it goes.

Cheers
graham_newton

Postby graham_newton » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:39 am

HI Steve

Would this recom work?
http://za.rs-online.com/web/p/switching ... s/7398290/

I think it is just a different package.

Is switching ok?

Thanks
graham_newton

Postby Kisssys » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:13 pm

The other Recoms are also switching so that's no problem and the ratings and basic functionality look fine. Before you purchase them you might measure and see if their is enough room from the pins to the front of the case to allow for it to fit inside of the microSD connector. It may intrude on the I2C connector but that is probably not an issue.

It may be a good choice in that it plugs straight it and doesn't lay over with the same height.

The dot represents Vin.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Panama TJ » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:36 am

Panama TJ

Postby LPR » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:23 am

Mark

I have used 5S lipo on the ESC32 but 5S is 5 X 4.2= 21volts. I use 5S A123 batteries on my octo with no problem but their charged at just 3.6 v.
I plan to use 7S li ion batteries on my next AQ octo and I'll use RC timer 50A opto ESC. With the recom recommended by Kisssys above the AQ board can use up to 32 volts.

Larry
LPR

Return to Connections