[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Mav2Hott Extension, solved

Mav2Hott Extension, solved

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Mav2Hott Extension, solved

Postby chschmid » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:43 pm

I am using Mennos wonderful Mav2Hott for my leds so far.
I want to use an automatic antenna tracking and therefore generate the 2 NMEA messages used for that. I was trying to generate these messages with the jdioboard10 and grab them from the not used TX0 pin.
But somewhere I struggle with the extension I programmed.
1. When connected to the AQ, it seems that no MavLink messages are comming in.
2. Sometimes the serial output hangs after a few lines.

Could anyone help me with that?

Thanks
Christof
Attachments
Mav2HoTT.rar
(20.7 KiB) Downloaded 678 times
Last edited by chschmid on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chschmid

Re: Mav2Hott Extension, help wanted

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:46 pm

joebar.rc

Re: Mav2Hott Extension, help wanted

Postby chschmid » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi Menno

Thanks for looking into that.

Maybe with a few more answers, I find my way.
1. Can I run my NMEA output from timerEvent() or shall I run it in the main loop?
2. I use Pin 5 + 6 to use more LEDS (and it works, GPS Status). Can I still use a SW Serial and address it to PIN 1 (Std Tx) or do I have to use for ex pin 6 and remove the extra led?
3. Why do you run CheckFlightMode() from Read_Mavlink()?

Thnaks a lot for your time.

Christof
chschmid

Re: Mav2Hott Extension, solved

Postby chschmid » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:57 pm

Gents, I solved the problem. :D

Mav2HoTT extension includes now the NMEA protocol to drive the AAT.
in Pos Hold the rearlights flash not only when nugging pitch and roll but also if the throttlestick is not centered.
The field test has still to be done.

Cheers

Christof
chschmid

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:03 am

Oh, visual feedback throttle centering... Excellent idea!!
joebar.rc

Postby chschmid » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:56 pm

After testing, I post the code for you. Mabe you want to include that in the next release.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby chschmid » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:48 pm

I was testing the enhancements today. AAT works flawless and much preciser with the AQ GPS data. It would be nice to have the real number of sats instead of 255.
Also the LED enhancement for GPS and PosHold stick center works nice.
I could not test the MAV2Hott functions.
I made some notes in the description file.

I just love these toys....

Best
Christof
Attachments
Mav2HoTT_LED_NMEA.rar
(22.94 KiB) Downloaded 692 times
chschmid

Postby kinderkram » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:01 pm

Thx for your continous work on this, Christof! 8-)

I think or at least hope Menno will merge it into the existing code soon.
kinderkram

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:33 am

Did this ever get merged into the existing code?
Jdmagoo

Return to Connections