[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Telemetry: schemes and details on succeded connections

Telemetry: schemes and details on succeded connections

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: Telemetry: schemes and details on succeded connections

Postby afernan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:56 pm

@Skew:
Could you please describe in detail the 3DR success connection using N7?. I have same h/w but I can't get connected, and I've tryed all.
Thanks, Angel
afernan

Postby afernan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:17 pm

@Sandmen:
I guess Nexus 7 has USB Host for use with your new interface, for instance with the 3DR system. I've got an USB OTG cable to interface external USB's. Is that right?
Angel
afernan

Postby skew » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Angel, really the only thing I did was reverse the TX/RX from bluetooth to 3dr radio. At first it didnt connect to the N7 I was sitting there I had my radio off and the AQ powered I turned on my radio all of the sudden it connected. Now it connects instantly everytime I start the app. The only I have only seems to pair with 2 devices. If I connect to N7 and then win8 it will not connect to mac os unless I forget it and re-pair the BT or if I connect to mac then win8 it will not work on the N7 unless I re-pair. Also I have noticed it will never shows connected in any bluetooth device managers. But if a device request serial like connecting with QGC them the BT module light will go solid and a connection will establish to the AQ. The BT module I am using is this one [url]http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=764&productname=[url][/url][/url]
and the radios Im using are these they are running 1.6 firmware.
skew

Postby LPR » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:52 am

LPR

Postby afernan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:43 pm

@Skew, thanks for the info. I´ll try again with your tips.

@Larry. Yes, It would be great to get connected using the 3DR directly on the Tablet USB I/F. There´s some info on that here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/129800/how-to- ... d-devices/

Also, there is an application called "Nexus Media Import" to avoid rooting the Nexus that could work directly. I´m wayting for the USB OTG cable to test. Keep tuned, I´ll post results.

Angel
afernan

Postby LPR » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:44 pm

Angel

I Googled for info and found this statement "the OTG works perfect in a Razr HD. I tested with keyboard, mouse, and flash drive."

I would think it should work on my Razr Maxx. I'm be watching for an app.

Larry
LPR

Postby sandmen » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:43 am

Guy's, the most important to get your device working with 3DR on a USB, is the kernel, on your device.
You need a kernel with usbserial.ko or ftdi_sio.ko modules, or a kernel, with this stuff integrated.

It is the driver, for the external device. There is a difference between driver for external hdd or serial device!
The driver for hdd (different file-format) are already included in the most kernel on the most device.
For Nexus 7, there are a lot of kernel source around.
If you don't know, how to compile a kernel, I can compile one for you.
But I need the source, and no warranty or support, from my side.
sandmen

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:25 am

-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby epyonxero » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:04 pm

I finally got aorund to moving my 3DR radio from my APM plan to the AQ. All it took was a change in the AQ data rate 57600 and everything worked. One issue Im having is that when i try to get real time data with the "Start Telemetry" button in QGCS I loos the connecting to the vehicle, it returns when I stop telemetry. Im running a 57600 baud rate, does it need to be increased to make telemetry work?
epyonxero

Postby Max » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:21 pm

The telemetry function disabled all other Mavlink messages while in use, so the "connection loss" is expected. 2nd time this question has come up, so we'll add a note/warning in QGC to clarify.

-Max
Max

PreviousNext

Return to Connections