[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Understanding of motor mixing table

Understanding of motor mixing table

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: Understanding of motor mixing table

Postby Max » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:06 pm

Has anyone tried simply turning down the throttle output on an overpowered AQ? Instead of the roll/pitch values.

Mine seem to fly smoothest when mot_roll/pitch are within +/-100 in an automated hover in no/low wind.

When I run out of other things to test I might have to throw some bigger props on Hairy and see how he likes it. Curious if turning down the throttle output to bring hover back to 50% will negate any need to re-tune PIDs.

-Max
Max

Postby teramax » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:18 am

somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby Max » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:37 am

I mean the throttle % setting per motor in the mixing table.

I guess it would be more accurately described as the vertical axis control :)

-Max
Max

Postby chschmid » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:45 am

chschmid

Postby Max » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:56 am

Max

Postby epyonxero » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Interesting discussion, has anyone played with the mixer for a Y6? I like Max have been using 100% on my roll mixers to allow maximum output from those motors in the event of a failure. I havent had a failure but I have had a flight where the yaw was so badly tuned that two motors essentially stopped in mid-air and the vehicle remained stable.
epyonxero

Postby Max » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:23 am

Max

Postby Ecky » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi,
while i am tuning my X8, i recognized an imbalance in LOG_MOT_YAW using the standard QGC motor mixer:
X8_YAW_QGC_Mixer.jpg

Changing the motor mixer to Tilman's suggestion of two mirrored qauds:
mixer-x8[1].gif
mixer-x8[1].gif (8.75 KiB) Viewed 20539 times

LOG_MOT_YAW is balanced:
X8_YAW_2_mirror_Quad_Mixer.jpg

It seems that the QGC mixer with all motors CW on topside and all motors CCW downside
produce some LOG_MOT_YAW imbalance.

Greatings
Christian
Ecky

Postby r0sewhite » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:26 am

That's normal. Upper and lower props don't work the same way. They differ in thrust and speed which means that if all props from one level go in one direction, the Yaw controller will have to correct this difference.
r0sewhite

Postby Max » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:18 am

Good point about the yaw... Should we reverse prop direction on two of the arms? That did work well to balance out the Y6.

octo_coax_x.png
octo_coax_x.png (8.64 KiB) Viewed 20511 times

Thanks,
-Max
Max

PreviousNext

Return to Connections