[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ6 now working with Graupner MX-20 HOTT telemetry

AQ6 now working with Graupner MX-20 HOTT telemetry

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: AQ6 now working with Graupner MX-20 HOTT telemetry

Postby plexus » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:58 pm

On my side I have the MX20 with V1.141 and RX24 V 3A70
Mavhott V0.95
Firm 6.8 Beta R259 compiled for Mavhott (Tks Duke40)

I have no distance to home , no indication of HOLd switch and other too. Only manual and disable.
plexus

Postby plexus » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Just compiled the R264 version and mav2Hott 0.94 and all seems run ok. :P
I not saw all because raining during the flight!!!
emoticos.jpg
emoticos.jpg (4.29 KiB) Viewed 11715 times
plexus

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:26 pm

Finally got the telemetry wiht HoTT working perfectly, current sensor working, just need now to check if values match the capacity I can charge after flight, or if there is something else to adjust.
It is a great feeling not having to fly based on timer with lot of capacity left in batteries, but use the batteries up to the maximum (with a security margin in case of emergency).
I have noticed that my AQ only draws about 17-18A with peaks at 30A, that is really lower than I expected.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby teramax » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:16 pm

somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:47 pm

If you mean the issue I had with the current sensor, I used another one (ACS715 from Pololu with 30A).
Why the previous one did not work, may have been due to my poor soldering skills, or a connection between the sensor and the arduino board broken. I did not further investigate, as after using a UniLog2 and a UniSense I measured the current as being around 17-18A with peaks at 30A, I decided to go for the 30A sensor which is much more precise.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:52 pm

Hi,

upon analyzing the logs from my flights today, I noticed that I have several GPS records with completely weird coordinates, suddenly instead of 8° East, the record shows 300° East and instead of 50°North it says 90° north, with an alitutde of 7724 instead of about 170. :shock:
This gives me a total travel distance within a log of 15 minutes of 388.000km, I had not noticed that my AQ is flying at light speed :oops:
Did anyone else noticed such occurences? Anybody an idea what might be causing this? Short errors in the GPS signal? Error on the AQ side? Or error on the Arduino side?

As I have not found any way up to now to remove those wrong records from the Log, I cannot display correctly my flightpath on Google Earth.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:36 pm

I've uploaded Mav2HoTT v0.98

The release notes:
v.098
Lot of changes, most prominent and a lot of work is the support for the Arduino Pro MICRO 32U4 MCU and RGB pattern table
+ RGB Leds now also have a pattern table, you can now define the pattern AND color for the leds. Some examples are created.
~ Due to internal HW changes and additional 'virtual'USB serial port some code had to be re-written
~ removed arducopter based mavlink (still using the betterstream though).
~ try to optimize the mavlink read section so less messages are skipped.
+ Changed the 'extra' messages, move from vfr_hud to 'our own' message that will be included in future releases of AutoQuad.
~ Changed the mavlink navigation status codes to match AutoQuad release 230+
~ HoTT and MavLink code optimalization.
~ Compatible with Arduino MICRO (32U4 MCU) . The micro (with micro USB connector) is different to others due to change in HW serial ports and internal HW port mappings.
+ Autodetect arduino using the compiler strings, just set Pro mini or Pro micro as board in the compiler.

Remark: due to different port mappings, I found that on a pro Micro the HoTT connector is stable on digital port 9.
Using the pro MICRO: in Mav2Hott.ino (first tab) make sure the lines are like this;

FastSerialPort1(mav_serial); // Uart port for Mavlink, the micro uses port 1 for the UART instead of port 0
//FastSerialPort0(Serial); // Uart port for Mavlink, any other arduino uses default Serial port 0 for the UART
(this is a workaround, hope to find an permanent autodetectfunction)

Due to the new HW compatibility and change in mavlink code base it is important that you use the included libraries!!

As a service I build an AutoQuad fw release based on r323 with the included extra mavlink messages. With this FW you should be able to decode the home pos, speed, vario etc.
Also included in this FW is the gear switch waypoint recording (1 sec down is record).
FW is build for rev 0 & rev 1 boards and is considered beta and not release. Test is before flight.

joebar.rc

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:51 pm

Jdmagoo

Postby flyrobot » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:27 am

Hi Joebar,

I tried this firmware, but i have problem the ESC always beeping even i already load the param file. I moved back to 6.7 rc1 b1400 the problem has gone. Is it any different procedure to configure this firmware? I tried 3 times but still no luck.
Im using 1.3 RC2.1 and rev 1(prev 2), PPM Hott MX-20

Thanks,

John
flyrobot

Postby joebar.rc » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:28 am

joebar.rc

PreviousNext

Return to Connections