[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ6 now working with Graupner MX-20 HOTT telemetry

AQ6 now working with Graupner MX-20 HOTT telemetry

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: AQ6 now working with Graupner MX-20 HOTT telemetry

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:14 am

joebar.rc

Postby flyrobot » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:37 am

Hi Menno,

Thank you for your effort.

On next weekend im going to change the receiver with GR-16. I would like to see if any different.

Yesterday i tested the way point live recording, i really love this feature a lot, Its awesome. This is what make AQ different with others. But i would like to propose to have :

1. At least 3 second position hold (default setting) for every way point or follow the sw5 (way point record sw) on position and back to off position time.
2. Not just the copter position recording but also the brushless Gimbal tilt position recording.

(Its consider we dont need the PC to edit)

I apologize if this not right place to discuss about way point features.

Thanks,

John
flyrobot

Postby flyrobot » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Today I just change the receiver GR-16 with latest firmware. the problem is still remain. I change back to 0.95.

Thanks,

John
flyrobot

Postby phynix » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:05 pm

Hello, similar problem here.

Ver83 worked fine, I realy liked it and it made life easier :), so thank you very much for the work on this project!! Ver95+ver98 is only working for a couple of secconds, then the transmission breaks somehow down or freezes partially.

When I disconnect and immediately reconnect the signal to the Hott-receiver, the transmission starts again for a couple of seconds, so the problem seems to be the transmission from the arduino to the receiver.

Setup: MX-20 + GR-24, both newest firmeware + JDrones-Board. I tried also arduino mini and a GR-16 receiver but with the same result.

I switched back to ver83 now, for me, the telemetry is more important then the LEDs, even so I would love to get both running!
phynix

Postby kinderkram » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:08 pm

Some other users in the FPVC forum also have probs with the latest versions.
Menno, could you please have a look?
http://fpv-community.de/showthread.php? ... post514195
kinderkram

Postby phynix » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:14 pm

Just for completeness: I postet in both forums

Sören
phynix

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:25 am

I did have a look at the protocol coming out of the arduino.
The protocol is very timing sensitive, the TX sends a request, the module (arduino) must answer after 5ms in a 2ms window. Every byte must have a 2ms delay between them and that 45x and all that within 200ms.

Ok, it seems I'm on the limit with the arduino and led, in my case it is working but clearly not everywhere.
I have find a way to shorten the processing time.

Btw, I never heard that v083 is working and v095 not. That is really the first or could it be that the user is using a low autoquad fw?

Now for the sequence between transmitter and module.
Graupner made the (stupid) decision that a transmitter will automatically request all available sensors. That sounds great but the implementation is just silly. The transmitter will only request all sensors for 8 seconds and that's it, after that no more.
So, basically (IMHO) it violates the flight readiness I learned: switch on the Tx and than the rest.
Now the rest must be in that 8 seconds. The AQ need some boot time, the arduino etc so it can be to short.
Solution is to switch on the AQ+ mav2hott and then the tx or power cycle the tx :(.

Every 3rd party implementation has this 'problem' and there is nothing I can do about that. You can always revert to a graupner firmware before April 2013 :).
Even with graupners own modules this is silly, if you not power your plane within 8 secs you will not have telemetry. I will NEVER power cycle a tx with a hot plane or heli...
Hope they will revert this procedure in the future.
joebar.rc

Postby phynix » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:43 pm

Thanks for your reply! I thought I tested the ver95, but now I am not sure any more which version it was. I will check that version and post the results if it helps!

Sören
phynix

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:45 pm

joebar.rc

Postby flyrobot » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:50 pm

Hi Menno,

I just update with 0.981and stock setting. Its very stable. I tried for 5 minutes without any problem and first to turn on the tx than the copter and vice versa, both without any problem and stable.

Many Thanks.

John
flyrobot

PreviousNext

Return to Connections