Android AQ GCS mission planner feature request

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Android AQ GCS mission planner feature request

Postby Max » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Right now when on the mission planning screen if I zoom in too much on the map it turns black with just the roads/labels visible. The problem is when it's zoomed out enough to see the map, it's hard to accurately position the way point marker, at least for me on a (relatively) small phone screen with my finger. I do have one of those capacitive "pens" but it's not much more accurate and I never use it anyway. I realize that Gmaps only lets you zoom in so much in satellite view mode, but it would be great if that image was at least magnified (at lower resolution, like it does in the Android Maps app) instead of just going black. Especially since the PC mission planner isn't really usable right now with 6.6 (as I understand it).

If this is a big deal to implement then I guess I'll just have to wait for the PC side to work if I need very accurate positioning. Or perhaps I can position the waypoints using the PC app and the enter the details for each point in the Android app and then upload to AQ (not sure if that's possible, haven't tried).

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Re: Android AQ GCS mission planner feature request

Postby joebar.rc » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:18 am

Sometimes I have that too, especially with orbit.
What I do in that case, I just place it somewhere and in the android menu choose the 'Toggle Movable' option. Then you can click and drag the point very accurate without adding another point.
joebar.rc

Return to AQ Software