[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - CareFree / Head(s)Free / MonkeyMode?

CareFree / Head(s)Free / MonkeyMode?

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: CareFree / Head(s)Free / MonkeyMode?

Postby Max » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:45 pm

Well, just to turn HF on/off just two positions are needed. I'm not sure it makes sense to complicate the flight mode controls just for that. And having that on/off on a separate control is much more flexible while flying.

The main use for the 3rd HF control position is to set the reference heading, either on the ground or while flying. The secondary use for the 3rd position is to enable "dynamic HF" mode which continuously sets the reference heading based on home position (so back stick is always back to home). The latter two functions could be removed from a switch/control altogether (so you can only set heading while disarmed and there's no dynamic mode which is a bit of a gimmick anyway :) ).

-Max
Max

Postby Kisssys » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby chschmid » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:31 pm

Hi Max

I see that there are many options. In my personal experience, to many options lead to operators malfunction.
I guess every pilot has his preferences. I don't think people switch back and forth all the time after they tried out all the possibilities. For me a KISS solution as standard with source options would match the best although I would have plenty of RC channels available. But to meet the TX of as many people as possible, I guess the 5 FM model or a param solution would be very easy and does not require an extra channel. All other settings can be done in the #defines if needed.

I would vote for:
- if armed without 3D Lock, HF can not be engaged manual HF becomes manual, PH HF becomes PH.
- The coordinates of 3D Lock before arming are the reference coords and heading . (usually the pilot is near the power up position)
- dynamic HF is standard (with a #define)
- if adding 2 more flight modes is complicated, a new param would do (0/1) to be edited in the onboard params. It could later nicely be implemented in QGC and it would even match more radios.

BTW how do you handle flying very close or over the home position in Dynamic mode? Do you fix the last reference heading when closer than x meters to homeposition?

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Max » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:33 am

Max

Postby chschmid » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:22 am

chschmid

Postby Max » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:25 am

Thanks Christof! That's exactly what I was looking for. So the DX7 can be mixed properly or is it already unusable for AQ 'cuz of only 1x 3-way switch?

-Max
Max

Postby Max » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:29 am

There is also one more situation where one 2-way switch would still be usable with the 3-position control method. That is if the switch can be programmed to toggle between mid (0) and a low value (eg. -500). Vs. just between high and low values. Then it would still work to turn HF on/off, but not set reference heading while flying or enter dynamic mode.

-Max
Max

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:55 am

Jdmagoo

Postby chschmid » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi Max
I was playing with the DX7 but I am not the crack there. I can set the gear channel to switch 1000-1500. But maybe a more skilled DX7 user can chim in here. The DX7 FW is kind of restrictive with switch assignment. Sorry. And maybe the actual DX7i Model is different.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Max » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:15 pm

JD, yep, that would work fine!

Christof, thanks for that, and no worries!

So far I'm not hearing anything against just using 3-position control (I'll wait a bit more for ppl to respond). I realize requiring an extra channel isn't great, but it's the most sane way forward for now. Other FCs also require this, so it's not entirely unreasonable :)

Cheers,
-Max
Max

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software