[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - CareFree / Head(s)Free / MonkeyMode?

CareFree / Head(s)Free / MonkeyMode?

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: CareFree / Head(s)Free / MonkeyMode?

Postby joebar.rc » Fri May 10, 2013 11:59 am

I already created that 251 message in mav2hott as it was always the intention :). We only have to send the code (and 251 can obviously change) by mavlink.
So, when this mode has taken its place in the AQ code, we should agree on the status message number and mav2hott can pick it up..

Menno
joebar.rc

Postby Max » Thu May 23, 2013 7:13 pm

An update on the current status...

This is all working well (though it cost Hairy an arm in the process :evil:). I was pretty happy with my 3-position switch control method, but it was brought to my attention that I'm spoiled by my RC Tx and not everyone has a bunch of switches to toss around... so a way to control with 2-positions has been requested. I'm trying to come up with a flexible config method to make everyone happy while keeping the code well structured. Pretty clear on what needs to be done, just need a good way to do it.

So, it's still happening, but needs a bit of refining to be more flexible. And some good docs...

-Max
Max

Postby chschmid » Thu May 23, 2013 7:35 pm

My best get well wishes to Hairy.
Looking forward to test whats coming up.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Max » Fri May 24, 2013 12:36 am

Thanks, Hairy is doing fine now :)

Short little GE render video of some sloppy HF flying the other day... don't get dizzy ;)

-Max
Max

Postby Max » Fri May 24, 2013 8:10 am

And a RL video...

Also found one by Menno (holding out on us? :) )

-Max
Max

Postby Lindbaergh » Fri May 24, 2013 8:36 am

Wow looks great, cant wait for the release. personally i have no problems with using a switch, because my tx looks like a hedgehog too ;).
Lindbaergh

Postby Max » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:20 pm

I would like to know how many people would NOT be able to use HF mode if it was configured for 3 channel values/switch positions. In other words, how many people do not have 3-position switches available, AND are unable to mix two 2-position switches to accomplish the same result (switch one channel between low/mid/high).

I know ideally this could all be configurable any number of ways, but that implementation turned out to be too complex on several levels. I'm trying to find the simplest way to implement this which would still be useful to the majority of people who want the feature.

This question is holding up inclusion of this feature into the main code branch, so your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:12 pm

If I configured the 3 position switch on the mx 20 so RTL, RTL HEIGHT, and Normal flight could be placed on two 2 position switches then this would free up the 3 position switch for carefree.

Would this be possible?
Last edited by Jdmagoo on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jdmagoo

Postby Max » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi JD, not sure what you mean... would it be possible in your radio, or do you mean to make the Home actions positions/channels configurable in the AQ? If you mean the latter, the answer for now is no, because it would introduce the same amount of complexity as the version of HF deemed too complicated. :)

-Max
Max

Postby chschmid » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi Max

What about using flight mode channel with 5 flight modes?
1000 manual
1250 manual HF
1500 PH
1750 PH HF
1950 NAV
This should be easy to setup on most radios with 3 Pos switch or 2*2 Pos switch.
Every pilot can select the FM he prefers.

The "Rolls Royce" solution would be a QGC selection with dropdowns for the FM switch.
Pos 0 -> Manual or Manual HF
Pos 1 -> PH or PH HF
Pos 2 -> Nav

Just my 2 cents
Cheers
Christof
chschmid

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software