[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - No Luck Flashing

No Luck Flashing

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

No Luck Flashing

Postby oddcopter » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:40 pm

oddcopter

Re: No Luck Flashing

Postby Paul0711 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:58 pm

Have you powered on the Autoquad FC with battery ? Check in Windows which com port you need and set in the QGroundcontrol the correct Baud rate shwon in my picture

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/getting-s ... -flashing/
Attachments
autoquad comt.JPG
autoquad comt.JPG (76.3 KiB) Viewed 12113 times
Paul0711

Postby oddcopter » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Yes, I have the fc powered with a 3s lipo and I had set the baud rate to 115200 in windows and in the GCS.
oddcopter

Postby Paul0711 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:24 pm

i forgot, whats about the CTS pin ?
Attachments
fr_530_size640.jpg
fr_530_size640.jpg (115.51 KiB) Viewed 12104 times
Last edited by Paul0711 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul0711

Postby Max » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:25 pm

You seemed to have implied that you can change the flow control and baud rate setting for the firmware flashing part. But I don't think there's a UI for that. So I'm wondering if you're connecting using the main QGC "Communications" menu dialog to connect before flashing? The flashing procedure uses its own COM connection (and settings, I believe), and you should be _disconnected_ via QGC/Mavlink first.

BTW mine flashed OK with just the Tx, Rx, and GND connected. And it shouldn't be necessary to change any Windows settings (that port is recreated every time you plug the USB adapter in anyway).

HTH,
-Max
Max

Postby oddcopter » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:34 pm

I was changing the baud and flow control in the "communications" menu, but not connecting. Is there another place to change it that is better just for flashing?
oddcopter

Postby oddcopter » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:36 pm

oddcopter

Postby oddcopter » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Ha ha !!!

ROFL. If you guys want to make it idiot proof just use me as the test subject.

I was waiting at the "OK" dialog for it to flash not realizing it flashes seconds AFTER clicking OK.

Worked fine, thanks for your help.

Sheesh.
oddcopter

Postby Max » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Max

Return to AQ Software