[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Mission flight planning?

Mission flight planning?

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: Mission flight planning?

Postby GoFaster » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:23 am

Just to close the loop on my initial post 2 months ago:

I believe that both the current WinGCS w/ AQ widget 1.0.4 and Android app 2.4.0 are fully functional for mission planning, transmitting and retrieving missions to the AQ; as well as field tuning of parameters.
At the field, I've pretty much been using the Android app as it's much more convenient than my older laptop.
Peter has done a lot of work and has been very responsive in fixing any issues or adding requested features.

Thanks for getting the Mac port running, Ron! Others might be using it besides you, just not posting about it.
Hopefully at some point, the various codebases will get synced up.
It is also possible that at this stage of the project's evolution; development standards, processes etc. are not ready to be formalized yet.

Also I think that sometimes, meanings and intentions are "lost in translation". I am grateful that our European friends post in English; since I can't understand a word of German, Dutch, Danish, Ukranian etc. OK, maybe a few words but not for sensitive ears :)
I also follow the thread over at the German site through Google translate. Sometimes the translation leaves me scratching my head or laughing.

Regards,
- Felix
GoFaster

Postby mr_westie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:57 am

2 weeks in and I am ready to fly my first mission. :)

The wiki does not make it clear how to generate waypoints in PC QGCS.
Can I click on a map or do I have to enter the lat/long values manually into each waypoint?

Temporary workaround is to use Bluestacks to run the Android GCS to generate a mission.
mr_westie

Postby kinderkram » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:11 am

You only need to tap on the map to create a waypoint which you can edit then.
Bluestacks doesn't support BlueTooth - the name is irritating somehow... ;)
kinderkram

Postby skew » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:46 am

What is the correct landing waypoint setup. I can not get mine to land it makes it back to takeoff spot but sits about 6-12" from the ground and does a yaw spin. I have take off, waypoints, altitude control with throttle working great just can not land. I tried looking in wiki or forums but not much info at all on QGS misson setups. I guess most people are using android app.
Attachments
landing.jpg
skew

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:06 am

joebar.rc

Postby skew » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:55 pm

I tried changing it to -3 this morning for some reason anything more than -2 my mission will not start. It flys like its in manual mode I flip the switch to auto and raise the throttle and it leaps off the ground and keeps climbing until I take over and land. I can just change it back to -2 on the land and mission starts and works until the landing. I don't understand how changing the landing parameter affects the takeoff part.
skew

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:50 am

joebar.rc

Postby skew » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:43 am

I think I figured out what might work going to try when it quits raining here. I have been setting the Alt to Relative I think if I change the Land to Absolute it will try to lower to 0 m at sea level instead of power on 0
skew

Previous

Return to AQ Software