[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Saving and loading param files

Saving and loading param files

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Saving and loading param files

Postby GoFaster » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:14 pm

How are you all saving and loading param files?
The saved files are not in a format that can be loaded, i.e. not in "#define param value" format.
GoFaster

Re: Saving and loading param files

Postby GoFaster » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:07 am

GoFaster

Postby JussiH » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:06 pm

The files you get from saving in QGC, should mostly be regarded as a reference, but in case you want to revert to an earlier FW, you should be able to use the "all parameters" files to reload an older set of parameters with that exact FW it was created with, but it can not be used in case of upgrade, because new params gets added with each new revision and the structure and naming changed a few times so far.

So when you upgrade, you need your calibration "params" file and your .mix file with your mixer table and load them in the respective PID and "Setup" tabs of QGC.

For the PID´s, I normally just use the "all parameters" file from QGC as reference and enter the numbers manually after an upgrade. I am not sure if you can add them to params-file as #define´s with the newest revision of AQGC, but maybe you can test it faster than I can, so we can find out if its something we need to work on ;) Peter can probably comment further about it.

I am gonna rewamp a lot of wikis over the coming weeks, I will go over the parts about parameter to make them clearer.
JussiH

Postby GoFaster » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks Jussi. It's a little confusing because the Save and Load params button are next to each other in QGC so one might expect them to be compatible. I was hoping to use it to back up and reload params if needed - while running the same version of AQ firmware.

At the moment I am doing the individual steps you suggested, after recompiling and reflashing firmware.
I am also curious why the values from the Write params file are not round numbers like in the PID screens.

i.e. from "Write Params" file
73 190 CTRL_FACT_ROLL 0.0500000007451 9
73 190 CTRL_FACT_RUDD 0.000399999989895 9
Where the values in PID edit screens are 0.05 and 0.0004 respectively.
GoFaster

Return to AQ Software