[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Can't transmit params

Can't transmit params

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Can't transmit params

Postby GoFaster » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:56 pm

I must be doing something fundamentally wrong. Trying to transmit my generated parameter file to a board with default settings without success. Same with both Windows and Linux QGC.

Connect via USB.
Existing parameters are visible in Parameters widget. 'Refresh' pulls parameters from board again, takes ~6 seconds.
'Load' params file. Click 'Transmit' and it says 'No values changed' and doesn't send anything. I even tried a test params file that only contains one single line consisting of '#define IMU_MAG_INCL -67.38' (without the quotes). Same thing.

Problem must be so simple that I am missing it completely.
Help...
GoFaster

Re: Can't transmit params

Postby sandmen » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:45 pm

Please send me or atach the para file.
Thanks
sandmen

Postby GoFaster » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:50 pm

GoFaster

Postby JussiH » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Try and use the "all parameters" section in "Edit PID" tab in the AQ widget...I never tried to use "Calibration and onboard parameters" tool widget, so I cant say if that should work...
JussiH

Postby GoFaster » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:14 pm

Hey that worked, thanks!
I missed that panel.

I guess I should click [Write (ROM)] to save the new parameters to STM flash?
GoFaster

Postby sandmen » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:08 pm

To be clear, you should only use the autoquad main widget for editing parameter.
sandmen

Postby GoFaster » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:18 pm

Which one, the one Jussi mentioned? I could transmit the params file from there but couldn't edit individual parameters. I had to use the 'Calibration and Parameters' Tool widget to edit magnetic declination for example, this is the widget I could not transmit param files with.
I think I tried clicking in the Main Autoquad widget->Edit PID settings->All parameters individual parameter's value field and it did not change into an edit box.

Thanks.
GoFaster

Postby sandmen » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:19 pm

@GoFaster
Please do not edit some IMU values with "'Calibration and Parameters".
be careful, because this widget, dos all values round to 2 or 3 digits after decimal separator.
And this can be very bad in some case.
I would prefer the way, use your params file, add there any parameter, what you need to change.
And upload this file from the autoquad widget.
So, you are sure, the format is correct, and you have a backup from your parameter.
sandmen

Postby GoFaster » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks for the warning sandmen, will do!
GoFaster

Return to AQ Software