[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Throttle not responding

Throttle not responding

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Throttle not responding

Postby gsbox » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:42 am

I have had a couple of problems getting the AQ to fly, fixed most of them. Earlier my ESC were not getting signal, than the AQ wasn't getting armed, more details in my last post,

Now AQ gets armed but the motors don't respond to the throttle. In QGC, I have the following motor parameters:
MOT_FRAME - 0
MOT_START - 1200 // changed this from 1125, otherwise motors were not starting
MOT_MIN - 920
MOT_MAX - 1950
Rest all the motor parameters are 0, except the MOT_PWRD for the pins on which I have the motors connected.

Whenever I arm AQ and move the throttle to about 25%, the motors start rotating but the speed stays constant irrespective of the throttle position between 25% to 100%.

I tested the AQ's output with a picoscope, and the output high period seems to be at ~920us for throttle low, and just as I increase the throttle to 25%, the output jumps to ~1200us and stays there even if I increase the throttle to 100%. The AQ's output doesn't seem to change linearly with the radio but only in two steps - 920us and 1200us, while the frequency stays at 400hz.

Is it a software fault or am I doing something wrong?
gsbox

Re: Throttle not responding

Postby gsbox » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:46 am

Last edited by gsbox on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
gsbox

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:20 am

joebar.rc

Postby gsbox » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:46 pm

Thanks a lot Menno! Flashed and uploaded the parameters again, works perfectly now! :)

Somehow the parameters file got corrupted, I guess. Could never have figured it out myself!
gsbox

Return to AQ Software