[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ Simulator (HILS) info/discussion

AQ Simulator (HILS) info/discussion

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: AQ Simulator (HILS) info/discussion

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:24 pm

Nice tool Max,

Dusted off my m4 nano, flashed the 1919 hills and ran the sim.
Didnt tried the navigation stuff, just some flying in acro..

A suggestion: I flashed it into an all setup nano quad, so with props etc.
Not a problem obviously, running the hill disabled the motor outputs...
But.. I escapped the sim after I was done with it and didnt pay attention to my throttle or other switched and the nano jumped up full throttle, pulled the microusb and stopped in the curtains :)..

Suggestion: set a variable to disable the motoroutput and when the sim is used allow only a reset of that variable after a reboot..
Now it was a nano, but with something bigger it might run into serious problems..
(didnt scan through the code, maybe you already have something in place and I was unlucky)

Well done,

Cheers,

Menno
joebar.rc

Postby Max » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi Menno,

Yikes, I hadn't thought of that. I've mostly used it on desk-bound boards, even disabling the motor outputs was a last-minute idea (and I had forgotten about the gimbal outputs altogether). Though I also tend to treat it like a real 'copter, land and disarm before exiting the sim... kinda silly, I know, but somehow it feels "wrong" otherwise. :)

Good idea on the flag-'till-reset -- doubtful one would want to fly for-real right after a sim session w/out a reboot anyway.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby Max » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:44 pm

I should probably make this more prominent in the instructions, but even with safeguards in place, I would not recommend using the sim on a brushless MR with motors/ESC powered.

As when updating firmware and such, only have the actual AQ board powered while running the sim (and Rx if not using the on-board one).

-Max
Max

Postby LPR » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:07 pm

Max

The AQ Simulator should be mandatory for people that want to learn for to fly a multicopter and it's just great fun to play with.

I've tried many of the features and I'm interested in the limited acro mode.
I was hoping that in acro or in limited acro that altitude hold would work. Is altitude hold supposed to work or could it be added to the acro modes?

I also noticed that in limited acro mode that it acts like it's always in heading free mode, is that the way you intended it to fly?

Thanks for the great Simulator.

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:53 pm

Hi Larry, glad you like it! I've had a lot of fun flying the sim as well.

AH should work in any flight mode, including the rate modes. With steep tilt angles it may have trouble keeping altitude just due to available power or thrust direction (as in a real MR). But at reasonable tilt angles, it should be working well. I've used it a lot in full-rate mode, it's fun doing flips and then watch AQ recover altitude (need a high max. ascent rate setting for this to work well).

HF is disabled in the latest fw. in rate modes. In earlier versions (which you may still be running), it was possible to engage HF in rate modes. But if you're not in HF mode, then the controls should act normally, "forward" should be wherever the front is pointing.

If you haven't switched yet, it would be best to use the released 7.1.1919 version so as to test the latest production code.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby afernan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:17 pm

I did some more test :

NUC i5 (INTEL serie 5)
I´ve tried the fw "aqfc-mp-v7.1.1919-hwv8.6-quatos-hils" from the FTP and all worked WELL, same than with
"aqfc-mp-v7.1.2603-hwv8.3-quatos-hils". That means that -
- PH with no circling
- ORBIT works well, and all rest (see image below)

By contrary, in my Laptop (Intel I7 - serie 6), I´ve installed same USB driver (that I´v used in my NUC used for music interface with my external sound system for low lantency) with NO success about Toilet circles

So now, I´m a little loose. I really don´t know why my NUC works well and not in the LAPTOP (more powerfull CPU).

Attached the Params used and a Waypoint used for orbit succesfully

Angel
Attachments
1.JPG
Desktop.zip
(2.58 KiB) Downloaded 1000 times
afernan

Postby wangyeee » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:49 am

Nice job!
I'm interested in the lib, how to request it?

Regards,
Ye
wangyeee

Postby Max » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:09 am

Request ACK'd. ;)

Anyone else, just PM or e-mail me.

-Max
Max

Postby Max » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:32 am

Max

Postby afernan » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:19 pm

@Max :
I´ve tested "jMAVSim-v160406" and "jMAVSim-v160409" and in both I got circling.

But the "good" version I have is also "jMAVSim-v160409" but dates are different:
- bad jMAVSim-v160409 is from 9-04-16
- good jMAVSim-v160409 is from 12-04-16 (the first you´ve send me)

I hope this can give you some clue

Angel
afernan

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software