[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ Simulator (HILS) info/discussion

AQ Simulator (HILS) info/discussion

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: AQ Simulator (HILS) info/discussion

Postby Max » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:38 am

Max

Postby Max » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:39 am

Max

v160430.0 - starting position option

Postby Max » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:50 pm

Max

Postby afernan » Wed May 04, 2016 10:33 pm

Hi Max: I´ve test the version "jMAVSim-AutoQuad-v160430.0".
Same results for me: all working fine, except the "Toileting" in PH but only in my LapTop i7, but not in the NUC i5 that works fine (as before).

I´ll try other M4 I have to see if it repeats this behaviour. Is it possible to compile the aq fw for v6? so we can search for other clue.

Angel
afernan

Postby chschmid » Thu May 05, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi Max

Supercool. I flew a bit this morning. Thanks for the huge effort to make this happen.

A special remark on the Incl/Decl. I used the values for incl directly from AQ (= *-1). This screwed the sim. Use unchanged values.
How did you say to connect GCS. Is there a way to share the USB connection or listen/send at the JMavSim side?

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby LPR » Thu May 05, 2016 6:53 pm

Christof

I connected an FTDI to the serial port on the M4 and have it connected to the PC. I use USB for the HILS connected to my laptop.

I have some practice on the HILS and now flying in ACRO is quite easy after you get the timing for flips down.

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Thu May 05, 2016 8:17 pm

Attachments
aqfc-mp-v7.1.1924-hwv6.1-dimu1.1-quatos-hils.zip
Experimental version for HILS on AQ6/DIMU. Note this version contains changes to nav functions which are not fully tested. Among other things, adds support for "go to" feature in QGC map view (r-click on map).
(156.54 KiB) Downloaded 1202 times
Max

Postby Max » Thu May 05, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi Christof, glad you like it!

Yes as Larry says, just use a separate serial connection for telemetry data (BT, wired FTDI, XBee, whatever... I mostly use an M4 on an N4 w/on-board BT).

Even though jMAVSim has a Mavlink pass-through feature (eg. to forward all messages to QGC via UDP), it's not useful for AQ because the HILS connection type doesn't send any of the normal telemetry data, only what is required for a stable HILS. Actually using Mavlink for HILS at all is a temporary convenience and will probably be replaced by a more efficient protocol in the future.

The fact that we have to reverse the mag. incl. setting in AQ is a bit absurd... I wish there was an easy way to change that requirement at this point. Only clean way I can think of would be replacing the existing param with a new one, but that's still far from ideal.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby afernan » Fri May 06, 2016 5:41 pm

Thanks Max: I´ll try that along this WE. Yesterday I tested on a different M4 board (my first M4, so v1, r8.5) and performed the same than before in both NUCi5 and LapTopi7. So same behaviour in M4v2 (8.6) and M4v1(8.5)

In the LapTop (HP-Spectre X-360 i7) I get 64fps in full screen and similar in a medium size window.

Angel
afernan

Postby afernan » Sat May 07, 2016 6:36 pm

I´ve tested with a aqv6.1 using FTDI cable to serial port 1 at 115200 and 230400 bad. It oscilated a lot but I still could fly, even doing a PH (although very bad). Much better with 230400 that with 115200.

Short video here: https://youtu.be/mNbu9dxGifw

Angel
afernan

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software