[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Video Pipeline for streaming into HUD windows

Video Pipeline for streaming into HUD windows

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Video Pipeline for streaming into HUD windows

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:05 am

Cheers guys!

How do I specify the pipeline for streaming video into the HUD window? I can only right-click on the HUD and select 'Enable video live feed' from the menu. Don't think that the is sufficient since I also need to specify where the video is coming from (pipeline).

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: Video Pipeline for streaming into HUD windows

Postby Max » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:14 am

Jörg, I'm pretty sure that option does nothing (at least with video). I see some code in the HUD to get images via Mavlink and display/save them. But nothing about video except in the name of that menu item. I should probably get rid of that menu altogether... it's one of the remnants from the original QGC, which had quite a number of unfinished or unusable "features" when I started with it. Still finding some new ones 3 years later... :roll:

From a quick look in the code, I think the intention (at some point) was to have a separate widget for video... the class is called and I see some code in there that Peter had added to display video with VLC. The code is still included but the video widgets are commented out in . I don't know if Peter got anywhere further with video in QGC.

Safe to say that right now there's no video display capability in QGC until someone adds/fixes it. Perhaps they came up with something useful at the original QGC project which could be brought over. I personally don't have any plans or time to work on this, but I'd certainly be open to some well-implemented solution that anyone comes up with.

-Max
Max

Postby sandmen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:38 am

Jörg,
yes, I added the vlc as a video display with overlayed HUD...
A long time ago.. and, If I remember correct, it was only on Windows.
But, with some small changes it should also work on a Linux system.

Currently, I'm not sure, that Max's repo contains the latest source, or any changes from me....
Peter
sandmen

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:29 pm

Attachments
2016-04-05-112024_169x357_scrot.png
Nice (fat)shark logo will start live video shell script
2016-04-05-112024_169x357_scrot.png (17.29 KiB) Viewed 24210 times
Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:40 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:26 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby sandmen » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:14 pm

no, I didn't know, if you can use both video widgets.
During my "test" time, I enabled only one in qgc, so only this one was available.
sandmen

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:58 pm

hi Peter,

was able to compile it but still can't get any video display in the videowidgets. Looks like only video2widgets is somehow related to vlc. When enebaled the 'open' button opens a browser window and allows to select a vido file, but once 'Play' is clicked nothing happens.
2016-04-21-172858_1280x1024_scrot.png

'Enable Video Live Feed' shows also no result.

Vlc is working fine (open capture device to let is display the video from the frame grabber) though.

Any idea what to look for? Did I miss to uncomment something in the sources? How to configure VLC to make the video show up in the videowidget?

Thanks
Jörg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Return to AQ Software