[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ QGC 1.7 Beta 3 release for Win, OS X, & Linux

AQ QGC 1.7 Beta 3 release for Win, OS X, & Linux

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: AQ QGC 1.7 Beta 1 release for Win, OS X, & Linux

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:59 pm

Attachments
2016-03-21-132010_1280x1024_scrot.png
2016-03-21-114301_1280x800_scrot.png
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:47 pm

Attachments
WP_20160321_16_24_12_Smart.jpg
... that I'm not cheating
WP_20160321_16_23_51_Smart.jpg
Here a a few more pics to prove ...
2016-03-21-152106_1280x800_scrot.png
Screenshot of QGC, running on Raspberry Pi2 (Jessie 2016-03-18)
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Max » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:43 pm

Joerg, did you try the pre-built Linux version from the original post here?

Yes I can see how it would take a long time to build on a Pi. My old Core Duo Windows box took ~40 minutes for a fresh build. My new 8-core "supercomputer" does it in ~ 4min. It's all about CPU speed and available threads.

There's no way your build will work on another computer unless you package up all the dependencies. My last commit fixes the Linux installer script -- if you add "install" as a target to the "make" build step of a Release type build, then it should take care of all the packaging for you and you should be able to move the whole build/bin folder to another Linux box.

The best way to install Qt is using their installer packages. Using a package manager (apt) isn't really recommended. But seems like you got through that.

QtCreator does all the build steps for you, no need to run qmake separately.

Good job remembering to update git submodules after checkout! :)

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby Max » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:49 pm

PS. On Linux either run QGC as root user, or copy the udev rules as specified in Linux-readme.txt file (in root of QGC repo and included with the Linux builds). Otherwise you won't have access to the serial ports.

-Max
Max

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:00 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Max » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:10 pm

Attachments
qgc-build-install-linux.png
Max

Postby pilotnbr1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:30 pm

Joerg are you going to use bluetooth with your rpi? If you do can you detail your steps there. I use bluetooth on my Linux laptop with QGC but it is always a process to make the connection.

I detailed some of that in my "notes" post here- viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4745&p=35856#p35856

Have you noticed a big difference between the RPI 2 and 3?
pilotnbr1

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:33 pm

Attachments
2016-03-22-142019_1280x800_scrot.png
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:35 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby pilotnbr1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:02 pm

Thanks Joerg! Thats what i've been doing.
I have issues at times if there is not an "orderly" disconnect- ie the quad flies out of range or things get turned off without selecting "disconnect" within qgc. Once that happens I cannot reconnect using that same port.I probably need to reset it or free it somehow... Curious if you will/have experienced that yet.

Thanks for pioneering the RPI- could be really handy! In my case I could see myself using QGC within my headplays to change settings.
pilotnbr1

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software