Android GCS and Android 5 ? Strange issue...

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Android GCS and Android 5 ? Strange issue...

Postby Crizz » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:16 pm

Dont know if any of you has other experience or maybe a troubleshooting, but i recognized today that the Android GCS is doint very strange on Android 5.0.2 devices.

Have a Samsung S5 Smartphone ( 901-F) and Tablet S (SM-T800) , both running on Android 5.0.2

Installed GCS, App starts and i can connect using standard BT connection. Get live values and can edit settings.
But, with my 3DR radio modules, it is very strange : The device is recognized (asking for App to start automatically when connected and even verified by USB Host Diagnostics tool ) . When i configure USB as desired connection, i can "connect", but i dont get any data from Autoquad. Neither live-data nor accessing the setting (try to "refresh" only causes the message "please connect first" and no data get retrieved.

Now i´m wondering where the problem might be. I remember, as lomng as my Smartphone had 4.4.2 , it worked - and everytime i plugged in the USB-OTG-adapter (w/o 3dr module) i got a system message showing that OTG was plugged in. This does not appear anymore since 5.0.2 - and now only storages can be accessed.

Any suggestion how to fix it ? Its really bad if cannot use the 3dr modules with my tablet, i want to use it for Missionplanning in the field instead of my Laptop ( btw : under Windows i have no problem with the 3dr modules for telemetrie, works fine, so modules are still okay ).
Crizz

Re: Android GCS and Android 5 ? Strange issue...

Postby sandmen » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:04 am

I never try USB and Lollipop Android. Still in vacation, and come back in 10days. Will have a look for that topic.
sandmen

Re: Android GCS and Android 5 ? Strange issue...

Postby Crizz » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:22 am

thx @ sandmen, will wait patiently - have nice vacation :)

edit /add. :

had a call with Samsung this morning. They asured that there are no restrictions on the USB-OTG from their side. So i got in contact with Gabriel Osorio from 3DR tech.support, he asured my Galaxy Tab S should work with the telemetrie modules, he knows no issues. A further call with Samsung brought up that there are maybe any changes in the GCS are needed (something with API was mentioned ).

So maybe these informations helps to fix it.
Crizz

Return to AQ Software