[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Missionflight - some questions

Missionflight - some questions

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Missionflight - some questions

Postby Crizz » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:56 am

Treid my first mission today, and cancelled after first waypoint becuse of strange behavior. Maybe someone can help me what i set wrong :

- Take off Alt. 2.0 heading -0.0
- wp1 : Alt 10.0 heading -0.0 loiter 3.0 target radius 1.0
- wp2 : Alt 10.0 heading -0.0 loiter 3.0 target radius 1.0

I started manually, went to PosHold, then started mission. Copter went to RTH/Start-position, waited 2 seconds , climbed to 10 m and flew to wp1 . Stopped for around 3 seconds, then suddenly turned 180° cw :o then turned into direction of wp2 and started climbing again.

I was scared and cancelled mission at this point.

Okay, Alt. wasnt set to absolute, so this causes the additional climbing between the waypoints if i got it right.

But, what caused the copter to turn 180° ?? What did i wrong ?

Havent had a look at the log, will do later, but maybe you guys can help me meanwhile finding my fault :)
Crizz

Re: Missionflight - some questions

Postby LPR » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:00 pm

Crizz

The copter did exactly what you told it to do.

First thing to know is that altitude is relative to the copters altitude so at the first WP it climb to 10 meters and at the second WP it will climb 10 more meters from it's current altitude.

If you use negative numbers for heading your copter will go to the next WP at the heading of the flight path to the next WP and add the absolute value of the number you give to it's heading.

A quick search for info on missions in the AQ wiki search window gives this link to much more information.

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/configuri ... on-flight/

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby Crizz » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:07 pm

Thanks LArry, i already have read the section but i still dont understand why it was turning 180° in the first and then heading for next waypoint , i expected with the default value of -0.00 it should head in the direction of the following waypoint automatically instead of any angle, thats why i kept the default.

So how should i do to get it only turning into the direction of next waypoint ? Which value is needed to obtain that ?

(About the height-"problem" i already understood, like mentioned in my first post ;) )
Crizz

Postby LPR » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:42 pm

Crizz

A copter will wander around to different headings if it is in loiter at a WP because it doesn't have the second WP till the loiter time is done so it doesn't know a heading.

I like to set a heading so I know which way the copter will fly. If you use -0.00 use no loiter or very short loiter times and you wont have the heading wonder around.

Larry
LPR

Postby Crizz » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:20 pm

okay Larry - that might help. Will give it a try. But guess it´s better to ask than crashing by faulty settings. Thanks alot !
Crizz

Postby Crizz » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:27 am

one more question : i saw at samples that for landing procedure the height was set to "-2.0" - i´m a bit confused, can anybody explain why -2.0 ?
Crizz

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:35 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Crizz » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:42 am

okay.... hope it survives the "nice bump" :lol:
Crizz

Return to AQ Software