QGC Questions

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

QGC Questions

Postby GoFaster » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:05 am

Some questions regarding QGC. I'm posting in this forum because it seems most appropriate because there isn't a separate QGC/Ground Station forum.

1. Without the GPS antenna connected, obviously I am not getting a fix indoors. However the HUD displays 3D Fix and MAVLink output seem to indicate 255 satellites visible. Shouldn't it be No Fix and 0 sats? Lat/lon values are correct, all zeros.

2. Is the displayed voltage supposed to reflect the voltage at the AQ input power connector? If so, how should be scaled so it is accurate. Also, in my case, the displayed voltage (e.g. 11.06V) in the little panel where the STM MCU stats are does not match the voltage figure in the HUD (11.1V) unless the latter is rounded up to 1 decimal place

Thanks,
- Felix
GoFaster

Re: QGC Questions

Postby mr_westie » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:26 am

1. As of
QGC v1.0.1 and AQ Widget 1.0.4
It looks like the number if sats is not reported at all.
Stuck on 255 and fixed all the time.

2. I would say it is rounded.
Last edited by mr_westie on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr_westie

Postby plexus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:57 pm

An other question.
In the window " generate parameters" It will be easier to automate the loop in step 1 to 6.
When , for example in step 3, the first loop is finished, it will be easier to launch automatically a second loop and so on. If the MAE is better, confirm and go to step 4.
Because at that time I must be in standing by in front of my screen and launch manually a second loop.
possible or not ?
plexus

Postby mr_westie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:41 pm

That would be handy for slower computers that need overnight to run.

What I do is let it do a quick run through , about 1.5 hrs to get a basic flying configuration I can tune.
Then let it run longer while I fly.
A day or two later I load the better calculations.
mr_westie

Return to AQ Software