[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - How do I completely remove QGroundcontrol from windows

How do I completely remove QGroundcontrol from windows

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

How do I completely remove QGroundcontrol from windows

Postby jabram » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:54 am

My qgroundcontrol is all screwed up, how do I completely remove it from windows 7 so it does not remember all the screwed up settings and then I can instal/run it fresh.
jabram

Re: How do I completely remove QGroundcontrol from windows

Postby sandmen » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:18 am

The qgroundcontrol from autoquad homepage, comes without a installer.
So the correct version, you can not install.
You have to copy the extracted folder to somewhere.

The application settings are stored in "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\OPENMAV".
You can delete the folder, or only the "QGroundControl.ini".
sandmen

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:27 am

Yep - the AQ GCS comes as a stand-alone exe.
However if you previously installed the original QGC you can remove it with the uninstall.exe and wipe the x86 program folder.
It leaves 2 entries in the registry though:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QGROUNDCONTROL\QGROUNDCONTROL
and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OPENMAV\QGROUNDCONTROL

You can wipe them manually or use a registry cleaner like CCleaner:
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
kinderkram

Postby jabram » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:30 am

Thank you both, will try that.

EDIT: A combination of the 2 useful suggestions did the trick, perfect now, thanks.
jabram

Return to AQ Software