[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ Groundstation won't connect

AQ Groundstation won't connect

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

AQ Groundstation won't connect

Postby axelnied » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:28 pm

I am observing some strange behavior of the AQ Groundstation:
While I was able to update the firmware (as described in Wiki) without any problems, I am not able to "connect" to the AQ via FTDI.

It says it is connected but no data is coming in, no activity on the FTDI (no LED blinking).
I am running Windows XP 32bit and 64bit (different computers), both with the same result...
I am using this FTDI (bought at Frys) set to 3.3V:
http://osepp.com/products/breakout-boar ... out-board/

Any suggestions?
axelnied

Re: AQ Groundstation won't connect

Postby GoFaster » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Axel -

Do you have all the FTDI pins connected? Also no jumper on J3.
I have a Sparkfun 3.3v FTDI Basic adapter and found that MAVLink connection to QGC works if:

1. Only TX,RX and GND connected, flow control OFF in QGC,
or
2. All pins connected except DTR, flow control ON in QGC.

- Felix
GoFaster

Postby axelnied » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Felix,

Thanks for the answer...
- I have ALL pins connected
- I have NO jumper on J3

I tried your suggestion no. 2 (by bending the DTR-pin out of the way and activating the flow control in the QGC): IT WORKS! --> HUD gives me full feedback! Awesome... Thanks!

Did I miss the description on the FTDI connection pins somewhere (I probably did...)?
axelnied

Postby kinderkram » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Hmmm ... maybe we forgot to tell you clearly? ;)

The Wiki says "The DTR signals are not used and are best disabled!"

Will rework the Wiki to make it clearer.
kinderkram

Postby axelnied » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:50 pm

axelnied

Postby axelnied » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:52 pm

axelnied

Postby kinderkram » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Yah, I think we need to dedicate a new wiki page for that matter.
Too many just stumble upon the same problems. Mea culpa! :oops:
kinderkram

Return to AQ Software