[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - APM Mission Planner with AutoQuad ?

APM Mission Planner with AutoQuad ?

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

APM Mission Planner with AutoQuad ?

Postby SW_SST » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:42 pm

Is it possible to use APM's Mission Planner with AutoQuad ?
I need to use MP's grid survey tools.
Has anyone tried this ?

Thanks.
SW_SST

Re: APM Mission Planner with AutoQuad ?

Postby kinderkram » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:04 pm

Nope, doesn't work. Different firmware, different set of Mavlink messages and commands.

Maybe the polygon navigation feature in the Android ground station will do?

ftp://ftp.autoquad.org/3/334693_22529/g ... l/Android/

kinderkram

Postby SW_SST » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Very interesting. Are there any plans on adding this feature to the desktop version ?
The criss-cross grid it generates is not quite what I need, I need strait lines with a fixed amount of overlap between the passes, and this does diagonal lines.
SW_SST

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:23 pm

I asked for this functionality a long time in the AQ planner for this purpose, but I guess the userbase just isn't big enough here.

I wonder how much work it would be to take the code which generates the parallel paths from droidplanner and implement it into either QGC or the android app.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby Max » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:20 pm

It's not the user base size so much as the developer base. ;)

http://github.com/AutoQuad/qgroundcontrol_aq

The mission planner needs some non-trivial fixes and upgrades, for sure. I'd re-write a lot of it, if I had time.

BTW, AQ uses standard Mavlink messages for mission waypoint types and overall mission planning, transfer, and status updates. Only thing is that a few waypoint message types have been slightly "abused" to fit AQ capabilities, so one has to adapt for those. This should make it fairly simple to modify other open source mission planner code that already uses Mavlink.

-Max
Max

Postby SW_SST » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi Max,
thanks for the quick reply.

Can you give me some pointers as to what kind of 'abuse' I should be looking for?
I want to adapt MP to fly with AQ FC's.

Best,
SW
SW_SST

Postby Max » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:48 pm

I don't remember offhand. One thing is an Orbit type waypoint using a non-standard mavlink message (which isn't defined anywhere except the code itself).

Basically you'd want to look at , where it parses MAVLINK_MSG_ID_MISSION_ITEM message and "translates" the contents to AQ waypoint types. So you just need to make sure the GCS mission planner is sending the correct data (and format) in the different message params (eg. loiter time, target radius, etc).

Also above that a bit, the MAVLINK_MSG_ID_MISSION_REQUEST is the reverse process -- this is where AQ sends information about the onboard mission back to the GCS.

Isn't the current APM MP based on QGC? Maybe you could bring the new/changed planner over to QGC_aq... ;)

-Max
Max

Return to AQ Software