Android app

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: Android app

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:18 am

kinderkram wrote:AS=Air Speed, GS=Ground Speed in m/s (shown as ms)
Left gauge shows Air Speed if a sensor is attached which in most cases is only true for fixed wing aircrafts with pivot air pressure sensors.

left gauge: craft height above ground
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Patnet » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Appears to have corrected issue where AQ only flies to WP1 and then yaw indefinitely. Still shows yellow line to Equatorial Africa.
Patnet

Postby Patnet » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:14 pm

Actually, I'm still having the yaw issue. Any ideas on how to correct? The AQ M4 goes to Waypoints OK but often it just yaws at a WP and doesn't proceed. I've made the target radius 4.0 and I have 200 meters between WPs. Any ideas?
Patnet

Postby chschmid » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:57 pm

Patnet wrote:Actually, I'm still having the yaw issue. Any ideas on how to correct? The AQ M4 goes to Waypoints OK but often it just yaws at a WP and doesn't proceed. I've made the target radius 4.0 and I have 200 meters between WPs. Any ideas?

Try to give it a YAW other than -0. Use a value between 0° and 359° for your last WP.
The "not proceeding means, he did not reach the WP. If you have YAW at -0, it yaws in the direction of the WP. When the craft eg. overshoots the WP, it yaws 180° ect. This is also not nice for the last WP or for auto landing.
What was you Hacc when the craft was stuck at a WP?

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Patnet » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:38 pm

chschmid wrote:
Patnet wrote:The AQ M4 goes to Waypoints OK but often it just yaws at a WP and doesn't proceed. I've made the target radius 4.0 and I have 200 meters between WPs.

Try to give it a YAW other than -0. Use a value between 0° and 359° for your last WP.
The "not proceeding means, he did not reach the WP. If you have YAW at -0, it yaws in the direction of the WP. When the craft eg. overshoots the WP, it yaws 180° ect. This is also not nice for the last WP or for auto landing.
What was you Hacc when the craft was stuck at a WP?

Cheers
Christof

Hi Christof, thanks for your help. I don't understand what the heading setting for a WP does. Is it that it gets to the WP and then yaws before moving to the next one? What does -0.0 as a heading mean?

In this case it hits a target radius of 4.0 and then yaws continually. I get that it hasn't found the waypoint, but how does a value of between 0° and 359° for your last WP help? Do you mean just remove the minus sign?

When you say "If you have YAW at -0, it yaws in the direction of the WP. When the craft eg. overshoots the WP, it yaws 180° ect." do you mean that it yaws in the direction of the next waypoint, or the one it's overshot? Where does the 180 come from?

Are you saying change all the WPs to the new Heading default, or just the last one? It's failing mid-mission and in the last case had two more to go--all about 200 meters apart with the 4.0 target.

In the case of hAcc, In wasn't watching it, but had GPS3D (255) on the screen. Sometimes, btw, the voice says GPS2D, when the screen says GPS3D (255).

How do you read hACC? What are the units? How do you know what's a passable reading? Is there documentation?

Thanks so much for all your help.
Patnet

Postby chschmid » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi Patnet

What does -0.0 as a heading mean?

If you set the WP heading to -0.0 the craft will yaw in the direction of the WP.
If you set heading to 0-359 yaw will be fixed to that direction on the way to the WP.

In this case it hits a target radius of 4.0 and then yaws continually. I get that it hasn't found the waypoint, but how does a value of between 0° and 359° for your last WP help? Do you mean just remove the minus sign?

As I said, when heading is -0, the craft always yaws to the WP. Imagine the WP is missed, then the WP is behind the craft. The craft will yaw in the direction of the WP. Because the WP is behind the craft, it yaws ~180° or so.
Yes, just remove the minus sign or enter any value you like the craft to yaw to.

When you say "If you have YAW at -0, it yaws in the direction of the WP. When the craft eg. overshoots the WP, it yaws 180° ect." do you mean that it yaws in the direction of the next waypoint, or the one it's overshot? Where does the 180 come from?

If your heading is -0 and you miss the WP, the craft tries to find the WP, maybe back and forth and always yawing to the center of the WP. When you hit the WP, the craft yaws to the next WP (if this heading is -0) or to the heading set.

In the case of hAcc, In wasn't watching it, but had GPS3D (255) on the screen. Sometimes, btw, the voice says GPS2D, when the screen says GPS3D (255).

255 is not relevant. Some flight controllers sent the nr. of sats available. AQ does not. It always sends 255.
3D lock means the Horizontal Accuracy (HACC) is below 3 meters. 3 Meters HACC is is a bad value to fly missions. It should be well below 1m. (0.5 - 0.7) It can be as good as 0.35m.

Cheers
Christof
Attachments
Screenshot QGC.jpg
Screenshot QGC.jpg (83.61 KiB) Viewed 4113 times
chschmid

Postby Patnet » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi Christof, thanks. Are you saying that removing the -0.0 heading removes the infinite yawing on lost WP, and thus lets the AQ find the WP?
Patnet

Postby chschmid » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:29 pm

Patnet wrote:Hi Christof, thanks. Are you saying that removing the -0.0 heading removes the infinite yawing on lost WP, and thus lets the AQ find the WP?

Hi Patnet
No, I did not say that.
AQ finds the WP's quite good if you have decent GPS and your nav PID's are tuned well. Have a look here. http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/configuring-autoquad-flightcontroller/tuning-and-troubleshooting/navigation-tuning/
2m of WP radius should be enough.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Patnet » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:27 pm

Hi Christof, thanks. I don't really understand why if my hACC is, say, 0.79 (as it is right now) or even 1.25, say, and my target radius is 4m, or even 2m, why it can't find the WP.

If the WP default bearing is changed to, say, 45 degrees, does the camera then not point forward anymore? It's always pointing north east along with the nose?

Thanks for pointing me to the document. Does the following text apply?: "When I command my AQ to navigate to a waypoint, it overshoots/undershoots the target position. Increase your navigation speed I slightly." There isn't any reference to my particular issue of the AQ yawing infinitely

Thanks so much, I'm sorry that I'm slow to understand what you're saying.
Patnet

Postby LPR » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:40 am

Pat

Your hACC is high. If you have an open sky, a good GPS antenna with the right size ground plane you should be getting a hACC that is under .500.

You need to have the speed to the next WP set.

If you use a -0 for the heading, your multicopter will fly with it's front pointing toward the next WP.

You can use -50 degrees and your copter will fly with it's front turned 50 degrees off the heading to the next WP.

Keep playing with missions. I've used mission for years and I'm still learning.

Larry
LPR

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software