[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Increase nick angle in DVH Mode?

Increase nick angle in DVH Mode?

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: Increase nick angle in DVH Mode?

Postby Max » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Oh, sure, use an example with a typo! :oops: Or is that a subtle bug report? :P

-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Now that you mention it. :lol:

Twas rather meant as an illustration of the answer to the previous questions. Sorry I found a hair in the soup. :D
kinderkram

Postby LPR » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Duke

Skew is right. I was able to watch my 4kg octo do a flip while I was slowing down. I was glad I was 50 meters up at the time. You can play with other Nav PIDs and slow down how fast a multi decelerates but that can be a problem also.
It would be good to have a multi slow down at a set angle and not go back to where you centered the stick if you are flying a speed that is too high to be able to stop on that spot.
Just keep the Max speed under 10 m/s and you'll be OK.

Larry
LPR

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:57 am

OK, thanks for the explanation.
I will keep the speed below 10m/s.
However, I have used my self to not let the stick back flip centered, but always slow down before reaching the spot where I want to stop when flying in DVH mode. Flying manual is something else, but real sharp stops and things like that, I do them with my Wii Copter and not with the AQ ;)
AQ is for me for flying quietly around and doing FPV.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby bn999 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:29 pm

If you have your attitude PIDs tuned properly, there should be no amount of maneuvering that would push the craft outside of its defined limits. If you can cause the machine to flip, there is something set wrong.
bn999

Postby LPR » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:58 pm

Bill

My flip of the octo was 100% pilot error or you could call it pushing a craft way beyond it's limit. I set the Max speed at 30 m/s and flew in a 30 mph wind. I think I was well over 50 mph before I tried to slow the octo. I was more than high enough so it was able to get back to level flight by itself after the flip. I had also increased the Nav speed rate settings quite a bit. The octo max tilt was over 50 degrees. No damage to the octo just a little scare for me.

Larry
LPR

Previous

Return to AQ Software