[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Android GCS Development?

Android GCS Development?

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Android GCS Development?

Postby epyonxero » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:38 pm

Is the Android GCS still being developed? Its been a while since the last update
epyonxero

Re: Android GCS Development?

Postby kinderkram » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:40 pm

Yep, a new version is on the way - with lots of new features and improvements.
kinderkram

Postby epyonxero » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:18 pm

Thats good news. Any idea if the new version will support serial connections via OTG USB like the Andropilot app?

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/iri ... o-overview
epyonxero

Postby kinderkram » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:27 pm

On an Android with USB Host you can already connect an external Wifi/BT/Telemetry module like Menno demonstrated some time ago:

kinderkram

Postby skew » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:40 pm

OTG works fine on current version. The only downside to using it is if you fly too far and loose your telemetry connection you have to manually reconnect where as the BT will auto reconnect maybe the new version will? My current setup is a BT--3DR wired to a usb end for power. I just plug it in my usb phone charging port in my car at the field and leave it on all day. Any time I power the AQ and AGS it connects automatically no hassles and no wires.
skew

Postby epyonxero » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:52 pm

Didnt know that. Can you power a 3DR radio directly throgh the OTG cable?
epyonxero

Postby skew » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:54 pm

If your Android device powers the USB. Some phones have no output you just have to plug it up to see if it lights up.
skew

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:41 am

Most phones do yes, with the correct otg cable. Try an error :)
With 3dr I have I working on 3 different android devices without any problems.

Btw, that connect, disconnect what skew is referring to, I don't have that problem.
Once connected, I can even turn of the AQ with 3DR, power on and it's connected again.
Maybe just lucky, but working great..
joebar.rc

Postby skew » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:30 am

Joebar, have you flown any missions out of range? This is when it will disconnect and not reconnect. I loose the waypoint prompts and on screen tracking until I hit connect on AGS then it will continue. The radios are linked but AGS quits talking to them. On pc it will auto connect but android it will not with usb only bluetooth. This is with rctimer 3dr radios and does this on 2 different AQ's and 2 different tablets and even tried on a phone.
skew

Postby epyonxero » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:44 pm

I gave it a try and my Galaxy Note powers the 3DR radio via OTG and both radio show the green link light but how to I get the GCS to use the radio link? When I start the app and try to connect it just tried to use bluetooth; how can I change it to USB?
epyonxero

Next

Return to AQ Software