[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Live video feed into QGC

Live video feed into QGC

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Live video feed into QGC

Postby Tjay2365 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi,

Forgive me if this has been asked before but I did a quick scan of the forum but didn't see it. Looking at the GC software I see there is an option to add a live feed to the HUD. How does this work? Could I use a usb capture card fed from my FPV reciever to do this?

Thanks,
Tony
Tjay2365

Re: Live video feed into QGC

Postby joebar.rc » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:15 am

No, not really. That is something special for qgcs, you can basically send an image packed in a stream. Not very useful because of the low bandwidth.

You can find more info on the qgroudncontrol site.
joebar.rc

Re: AW: Live video feed into QGC

Postby sandmen » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:04 am

I have one version from qgc, where i have integrate a live video view, under the hud. :smile:
I the next days, i can upload it .
sandmen

Postby Tjay2365 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:32 am

Yes I remember reading something about the video being embedded in the mavlink telemetry but it sounded messy.

Would be interested to see your version sandman :-)
Tjay2365

Postby sandmen » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:12 pm

Ok, got it :-)
I/we are testing now life video feed in qgc, with overlaying HUD :-)
sandmen

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:13 am

Jdmagoo

Postby afernan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:13 am

@Jdmagoo:

meanwhile, maybe you can read old posts on "networked AQ" where you can inject a video stream thru wifi:
also inspired from sandmen
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1390&start=84
and
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1990#p9730
I got it working (after a while..) but unfortunally the were an important delay (1sec about) so I´ve found not realy usefull.

Angel
afernan

Postby sandmen » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:23 am

Yes, of course with wlan, and a small wlan router we have a delay ~1sek.
I'm using a analog video transmitter, and a video grabber.
Here we can reach a lower delay.
I have a fpv-cam, and a 5.8Ghz tx/rx. On the groundstation a video grabber.
So delay is ok.
sandmen

Postby sandmen » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Ok, here you go.
If you want to test the live video feed.
It's not finished, but I need a little bit more feedback.
Please test it with different video devices.
But for testing it should be good enough :-)

It's based on latest qgc.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_H1BWP ... sp=sharing

How-To
Before you start the program, you should add a video capture device.
Something like webcam, or a video grabber. What ever
After this, select video stream 1, in Tool Widgets.
Now a right mouse click, and you ca select the HUD.
Again a mouse click, and you can select the vlc, under the menu vlc, you should see all your video capture device.
Select one, and here you have your live video feed, with HUD
sandmen

Postby Tjay2365 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:59 am

Just downloaded. Will take a look at this and try it out at the first opportunity I get.

Thanks for the time and effort.

Tony
Tjay2365

Next

Return to AQ Software