[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - QGC-AQ 1.3.0 (stable) available for Windows & OS X

QGC-AQ 1.3.0 (stable) available for Windows & OS X

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: New QGC-AQ 1.3 available - Beta 1 Windows release

Postby Lindbaergh » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Lindbaergh

Re: New QGC-AQ 1.3 available - Beta 1 Windows release

Postby r0sewhite » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:47 pm

Thanks for the hint, meanwhile I changed the mixer with my desktop and higher resolution.

Another thing I noticed is that ESC calibration with ESC32 firmware 1.4.3 doesn't work. At least not on my two coomputers. In both cases the calibration stops after the first run (after about 10 seconds) before increasing speed. It doesn't abort with an error, it just doesn't go on but updates the fields with data.
r0sewhite

Re: New QGC-AQ 1.3 available - Beta 2 Windows release

Postby Max » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:59 am

Thank you everyone for your feedback. New Beta version is up. I think this addresses all the issues that have been brought up, a few others, and adds some new stuff. I have not tested ESC32 calibration, though Peter did provide a small fix in that department.

if have already installed 1.3 Beta 1.

Biggest improvement is in the spoken announcements feature. I implemented a queue system so the messages no longer overlap/cut each other off. What a relief! It will now also read out any warning messages sent by AQ (anything that starts with "warning", like low battery stages). I also made the built-in announcements less verbose, and fixed the voltage warning announcement to actually be useful (it's now based on the configured battery specs of the MAV, as I described before). All this adds up to a much more pleasant and useful "Lisa," or whoever you have talking at ya (my Win8 guy has an awesome "Antonio Banderas" Spanish accent :) ). BTW, don't know if it's just me, but the Win8 speech synthesis is much smoother than Win7.

Let me know how this one goes for you. TIA!

-Max

QGC1.3b2-esc32-flashing.png
QGC1.3b2-esc32-flashing.png (15.92 KiB) Viewed 12909 times

QGC1.3b2-settings-prompt.png
QGC1.3b2-settings-prompt.png (10.58 KiB) Viewed 12909 times

QGC1.3b2-calibration.png
QGC1.3b2-calibration.png (13.88 KiB) Viewed 12909 times
Max

Postby Ecky » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi Max,

great Job :P
During only CTRL_FACT_THRO update the verifying window shows:

verify_01.jpg
verify_01.jpg (26.65 KiB) Viewed 12865 times

I think the unmentioned change MOT_FRAME is no Problem, but
what is it with the TELEMTRY_RATE? i am using QGC v1.3 BETA 2
and R186 from the trunk.

Greatings
Christian
Ecky

Postby Max » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi Christian,

Are you using one of the pre-defined motor mixes, or is it custom? If the former, which? And if the latter, could you PM me your motor mix, saved to a file?

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Postby Ecky » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:55 am

Hi Max,

i am using a custom X8 mixer, send you a PM.

Greatings
Christian
Ecky

Postby Max » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 pm

Thanks Christian,

I tested with your file and everything seems OK. I was a little surprised by the negative number for MOT_FRAME, but it works. You can ignore the telem. rate for now... something I need to deal with later but for now we're not using it anyway.

The MOT_FRAME setting seems to be a source of confusion... understandably. ( :geek: The generated value is a bitmask masquerading as a float.) There also seems to be an issue with saving/restoring that param to/from an SD card params.txt, which I'm investigating (that's a FW problem though). Sometimes this results in MOT_FRAME being marked as modified in QGC when one otherwise doesn't expect it. I don't really want to hide the fact that it was modified, but not sure how to avoid the confusion either... maybe I'll just add a note to the popup window if it detects mot_frame as modified.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby Ecky » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:20 pm

OK, thanks for your explanations.

Greatings
Christian
Ecky

Postby Jdmagoo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:22 am

Thanks Max for once again your great work here.

- I can confirm ESC32 calibration works fine under windows 8.
- Firmware loading for both the esc32 and AQ works without issue
- The screen layout (re. firmware loading buttons) is much more logical
- question, the HUD has an option to display video, how does this work.
- also as discussed on another thread ground time has to be selected before mavlink data can be shown.

Thanks again for your great work

James
Jdmagoo

Postby LPR » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:04 pm

Max

I'm having a problem with the new QGC. After I fly a mission the voice continues to say the last WP of the mission I just flew. If I fly the same mission all the voice does is continue to say reached WP 8.
I have to restart the QGC every time before I do a mission to be able to get the normal voice info. The QGC works the same on both of the Windows 7 computers I use.

Larry
LPR

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software